𝘟𝘐𝘝. ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀs

Start from the beginning

"Come on, I have so much to tell you!" Elodie said as she grabbed her cousin's hand and went to her room.

"Yeah, I'll just stay here on my own! With all our weird aunties!"

"Come on, Louis"

They sat cross-legged on Daphné's bed facing each other as Elodie began to speak. "I'm about to ask you so many questions your brain is going to explode! Who's this Walker guy? Why are people always shipping you with him? And most importantly, do you like each other?!"

"Woah, woah, slow down my head's getting dizzy!"

"Mais répond nous!!"

"Rien!! People see a girl and boy friendship and jump into conclusions! Please don't tell me you also ship us, there's no fucking way"

"Honestly? Who doesn't ship you guys? You're like the barbie dolls I used to make kiss as a kid" Louis said.

"Oh, yeah. I used to make him play barbies with me"

"Your sibling relationship freaks me out sometimes"

"Don't be dramatic. You know, you act more and more American everyday, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵ʼ𝘴 what freaks me out"

"Dinner's ready!" she heard her mum from downstairs.

They went downstairs and saw everyone fighting for a place with the grown ups. Daphné already knew she was gonna have to sit with all the little kids again. It was okay except from the part where they chew with their mouth open and throw food at you. Or when they make fun of you. Kids are ruthless.

She saw her mum headed to her direction. "Daphy, bring more chairs to the grown ups table"

"Why? I'm not even gonna sit there."

"What are you talking about? You want to sit with Gabriel and Simon?" her mum said.

She knew she hated those twins more than anything. They were the worst. They always pulled her hair and they once put hot sauce all over her face and it got on her eyes.

"Wait, I'm sitting with you guys this year?"

"Yeah? Do you have a fever? Should I get the thermometer?" she put her hand on her daughter's forehead.

"No no, I'll be right there!"

Her left and she started to move chairs to the table.

"Alors, Daphné. Tell me, est-ce que t'as un petit ami?" her aunt asked.

"No, tante Giselle, I don't have a boyfriend. Do 𝘺𝘰𝘶 have another husband? I heard about the divorces, so sorry" she said. If they came to visit her just to ask her dumb questions then she'll do the same. Is her love life really all they cared about?

Giselle choked on her wine and faked a laugh "Hm, not yet, ma chère."

"Thought so" she mumbled.

Daphné felt someone touch her foot. She looked up and saw Elodie and Louis holding their laugh.

The rest of dinner went well, although Daphné didn't eat much because every meal had something she didn't like. Being a picky eater was not fun at all.

✯ ✯ ✯

Daphné ➞ jeepers☝️🤓
Walker ➞ Wall-E