"So the gift from mom was also picked out by YanSheng?" An Nuan asked, face the picture of innocence.

Looking completely harmless.

But it clearly made Ni Lan and Gu Yan Sheng awkward.

Discerning people could tell, that necklace was so ordinary it was almost beneath one's station.

"YanSheng has been busy these days, he only attended the Outstanding Youth assessment yesterday, didn't have that much time." Ni Lan hurriedly played dumb, wanting to brush past the matter of the bracelet.

"Seems like Ye Jinghuai also participated." An Nuan directly called her out.

Even with a very innocent expression.

"That kid, just got lucky, originally his father and I didn't hold out much hope for him to join in for fun. " Yun Yu Qing spoke in a casual, indifferent manner, "But unexpectedly he was selected along with YanSheng."

Her tone sounded humble.

But it still felt like a slap in Gu Yan Sheng's face.

Because Ni Lan's tone implied Gu Yan Sheng had spent a lot of effort, while Yun Yu Qing's tone implied he just joined on a whim.

Someone who just played for fun and someone who tried their hardest in the end got the same result.

Wasn't that saying Gu Yan Sheng was worse than Ye Jinghuai!

An Nuan couldn't help but chuckle to herself.

If Yun Yu Qing was unintentional that would be one thing, but if she really intended it, her skills were truly not shallow!

Just a few words completely ridiculed the Gu family members until they had no face left.

Fortunately Ni Lan was adept at socializing, so she naturally wouldn't dwell on unfavorable topics for herself, she hurriedly pulled her daughter along, "Speaking of which, didn't you have something to say to An Nuan?"

Gu YanXuan originally didn't even want to come today.

Her face was bruised black and blue, although concealed by the makeup artist, she still didn't want to come apologize to An Nuan!

But unable to resist her parents and brother's coercion, she still came.

She also wanted to see how her mother would make An Nuan's mother lose face, but unexpectedly it was the opposite, they had been the ones completely dominated, and now their family was the one being mocked.

Harboring resentment, yet still having to come apologize.

She was unhappy, squirming a little, clearly reluctant.

Ni Lan pinched her from behind.

Gu YanXuan endured the pain, after all an upper class young lady wouldn't be completely without manners in front of others.

She maintained a smile, hearing her mother say, "Yesterday XuanXuan was thoughtless, just a child being jealous, feeling like her brother was snatched away by An Nuan, so she said some willful things that upset An Nuan a little. The child felt guilty about it all day at home, insisting she must apologize face to face to An Nuan."

An Nuan had to admit she was a bit impressed by Ni Lan.

Her words expressed several meanings.

On one hand she spoke of the deep affection between Gu Yan Sheng and her, even making his sister jealous, and on the other hand she said her own daughter was kindhearted, afraid of upsetting others, so regardless of right or wrong still wanted to apologize.