Chapter 4

Aesir and Archons

The sound of a door shutting echoed throughout the area as heimdall leaves the bar, leaving that green drunkard alone.
Heindall gazed at the sky as it slowly turned dark as the sun set.
“Celestia, Archons and visions.” He muttered out aloud in quite an amused voice. The knowledge he quite literally forced out of the drunkard was interesting, which was to him, something rare.

Teyvat is different from the Nine Realms, in culture, history and people. He learned about the constant rise and fall of civilizations, life and death of supreme beings and a massive upper echelon of gods that pride themselves in a floating heavenly palace.

One of the most surprising differences to him was the gods of this world, unlike the ones he was familiar with, each of them controlled a specific core element of the world and are called Archons, apparently the drunkard was one of these, something he still found hard to believe. He learned that a long time ago, there were alot more gods compared to now, but they warred against each other until only seven remained, this was called the Archon war.

The Archon war was the other interesting piece of info Heimdall wanted to know more about, everything he saw in the drunkard's mind all point to the fact that the war was caused by Celestia, the other god faction separate to the Archons. From what he can guess these “higher gods” are doing all they can to maintain total control over Teyvat, similar to the Aesir of his own world. What made him curious about them though, was why?

To Heimdall, the Aesir and by extension Asgard that was controlled by Odin was always an imperfect faction filled with its rotten and disgusting individuals.
But to Heimdall, Asgard was the only hope for a better future for all of the Nine Realms, Odin's search for absolute knowledge and wisdom convinced him of that, even if it ended disastrously. The Vanir and Giant wars were only a necessary stepping stone to achieve that better world.

But what does Celestia want from controlling Teyvat?
If the answer was that it's just some power hungry individuals that want to retain their control for all eternity, then Heimdall would be very disappointed. The fact that they live in some floating castle in the sky didn't help Heimdall’s already growing negative view of them.

“A god should not put themselves at the levels of mortals by caring about such useless flaunting of power.”
Heimdall says to himself, thinking about how ridiculous that is to him. After all, to him power should not be flaunted, it should only be shown when it is needed, Asgard did not need to look impressive or powerful to dominate the Nine Realms, the only thing mortals would find impressive there would be Hrimthurs’ walls, and even then they were there for a purpose.

He senses a couple of footsteps coming in his direction. He turned his head to the coming trouble.
“Guys! I think the noise came from here!”
“Paimon's getting tired already! Can't we just ditch him?”
“I didn't think you could get tired by floating, Paimon.”

The three familiar voices caused Heimdall to sigh. When the trio eventually saw him standing near the bar, they all rushed to him.
“There he is! Mister Heimdall!”
“You! Do you know it's rude to just leave without saying a word!”
“Hi, Heimdall.”

“I thought all of you are grownups already, well except for one, so, could you explain to me why you are here to disturb me?”
He said, clearly being annoyed.
“The Knights of Favonius wants to meet with you!”
“I know, I'm asking you why?”
“Well, they wanted to reward the people who helped with fending off Stormterror, and originally they just called Lumine, but she-”
“I told them that it wasn't just me.”
Lumine said as she smiled.

Heimdall pauses for a moment, then sighs, “Then I guess I have no choice but to accept my reward.”
“Then let's go! It's becoming dark already!”
“Grrr, Paimon would keep an eye on you!”