1.

"I don't want to Aai. You can't force me." Said Nakshatra.

"How many times should I explain the reason behind my actions. Just look at yourself, you're already 26. You wanted to accomplish your goals, we supported you, you've achieved all your targets, you're well settled, you earn well, then what's the issue?" Her mother stated.

"Then how many times should I repeat that I don't want to get married. You accept that I'm independent, I earn well, then what's the issue. I can handle myself. I don't need anyone." Nakshatra yelled.

"Just listen Nakshatra, It's not always about how strong you are financially. Don't forget that you're a girl. Even though the country is progressing the mentality of people is still the same. I can't risk your future. We both won't be able to die peacefully. I hope you know what I mean to say." Her mother explained.

"But-" Nakshatra's words were cut off by her mother. "No Ifs and Buts, you have to listen to us, your father had been finding a perfect match for you, just when a proposal came from other side, he's the son of one of your father's business partner, and trust me he's really handsome and will treat you just how you've expected your life partner should. One of those from your books and kdramas. You've 30 minutes to get ready. They will be here at any time and don't dare to pull up any stunts like last time." Her mother warned her before leaving the room.

"Aap nahi samjhoge, humare dimag ne kitna bhi chaha phir bhi hum unhe nahi bhul sakte na hi hum kisi aur ko apna sakte hai." She said to herself.

Nakshatra opens her closet and takes out the only suit she has. It was of black colour with contrast dupatta. It was his favourite colour.

Oh, it isn't like she doesn't have clothes, but she prefers tshirts and pants over girly type. She isn't much fond of jwellery and borrows it from her mother whenever she requires. She only has a pair of anklets, given by her bestfriend and a locket which she cherishes with utmost care, which she was never ready to remove since that day.

 She only has a pair of anklets, given by her bestfriend and a locket which she cherishes with utmost care, which she was never ready to remove since that day

While grabbing the clothes, a black diary caught her attention. She picks it up carefully and opens that page. It was a photograph, of someone who's very close to her heart. Even now just by the mere sight of that photo her heart is racing.

Tears formed in her eyes start rolling down her cheeks and faint sobs occupy the room. "Aur kitna intezar karwaoge aap humse. Nahi tang karenge hum aapko. Acchi bacchi banke reh lenge hum, bas vaapis aa jao na. Umar ho rahi hai humari, nahi mana kar paa rahe hum apni maa ko na hi aapko dhund paa rahe hai. Kisi aur se shaadi nahi kar sakte hai hum. Dekho agar aap nahi aaye na, toh hum such mein kisi aur se shaadi kar lenge, apko bhul jaayenge hum , phir kabhi maaf nahi karenge aapko. Itna sabar mat karwao humse, thak gaye hai hum. Haarna nahi chahte hai hum, please." The pain in her eyes was much deeper than what she could express through her voice. She closed her eyes tightly to control her tears, but they were flowing continuously. She kept that diary back carefully and wiped off her tears.

Changing into that outfit, she was wearing her anklet. Makeup, that word was not in the dictionary of Nakshatra who believes in natural beauty instead of using chemicals that will damage the soft fair skin of hers, yet she applied a nude lipstick which was the only one she had to hide her dry lips.

She heard a knock on the door revealing her mother.

"The same thing again, atleast wear something different today, girls wear saree on such occasions but I have left all my expectations from you in that matter, but atleast wear something nice. I have told you many times to buy yourself such type of clothes instead of always wearing that shirts and pants." Her mother complained as usual.

"You are forcing me to face that boy yet you're complaining about my clothes. If I want I'll wear those baggy clothes, tshirts and shorts there, infront of them and I won't have any shame while carrying out the same. So please, if I'm respecting you, then you shouldn't disrespect my choice." Nakshatra stated firmly.

"Huh! It's useless to argue with you, do whatever you want but be downstairs now." Her mother said and left.

"Aap khush ho na humare bina? Aap nahi aaoge na humare liye? Thik hai. Toh hum keh rahe hai aapse, hum kar lenge kisi aur se shaadi. Agar aap hume bhul chuke hai aur apni zindagi mein khush hai toh hum aapki khushi nahi cheen lenge." She said recalling him.

•°•*•°•*•°•*•°•*•°•*•°•*•°•

NAKSHATRA'S FATHER:
Welcome, please have a seat. It wasn't difficult to reach here, was it?

THE GUEST:
Oh no, it wasn't.

NAKSHATRA'S FATHER:
That's great then. I won't take much time of yours. Sneha ask Nakshatra to be here.

NAKSHATRA'S MOTHER (while placing a glass full of water in front of the guest):
Yes.

NAKSHATRA'S MOTHER (to Nakshatra): See, he's here. Go beta and take this poha plate with you.

The boy was back facing her, but she could notice a familiar figure. Her heart was unknowingly racing for someone just as it races for him. The familiar scent lingered in the air. She was nervous, unlike past few times. Why? She's also unable to answer.

Taking few steps towards him, she stood in front of him only to get shocked. A lone tear escaped from her eye without any hesitation, before the tray slid down from her hands making everyone flinch.

"Aap-" she murmured only for him to hear.