S.S.1 p.6 FINALE

Thierry was the first to open the library doors, trying to be as normal acting as possible as he checked every direction.

Thierry was surprised to not see Penn at the front desk or Armond at the customer help center, and he was even more surprised to see Kagan on his own, without his glasses, looking at them.

Joseph gulped from behind Thierry, grabbing his arm tightly. “Don’t Thierry, what if it's a trap?” He mumbled, William tsked and shook his head.

“Joseph, they were talking about Rebekka being the biggest danger to them and how she probably knows. If anyone knows where she is, it’s them.” Thierry replied and started moving towards Kagan.

Kagan stayed with a calm posture, relaxing against the couch as he watched Thierry move towards him. He had his book held out in front of him in a manner of uncaring cockiness like he knew what was going on and he knew they couldn’t do anything about it.

Thierry quickly noticed that his face was bruised around where his glasses would be and that his eyes reflected the dim lights a bit, just like Thierry had seen Penn, Brandon, and Armond do earlier that day.

“You guys are a bit late,” Kagan spoke, his German accent thicker than normal, almost to the point of not being understandable to the historians.

“We got caught up in something. Have you heard any updates about Rebekka?” William asked. The question caused Kagan to stand up quickly, the book still held out in their direction for them to take. The sudden movement caused Thierry to move backward, pushing William and Joseph backward as well.

“Well, she's not in the basement, so I would say I have no idea. Here, this is for you, it’s my grandfather's book, I’ve been working on a certain section for you three,” Kagan motioned to the pieces of paper in different colors that were in different parts of the book, specifically the red ones.

Thierry slowly reached forward and grabbed the book, yanking the book towards him and out of Kagan’s grasp, which Kagan seemed to want as he turned on his heels and walked towards the office.

The historians watched as he vanished into the office and closed the door before looking around once more and opening the book to the red pieces.

“Vampire, or Vampir,” William read aloud with Thierry. They looked at each other and Joseph laughed.

“Funny, he has a very twisted, but funny! Sense of humor..” Joseph awkwardly croaked, shaking his head and backing away, towards the library door. “But, I’m not a fan of jokes and I don’t think we should be here anymore. Right?” Joseph asked.

“You don’t want to find out if she's in the basement or not? I would have sworn with how snoopy you three have been that you would’ve followed after Kagan immediately.” A taunting voice hissed.

Joseph froze, slowly looking above him before opening his mouth to scream. No noise came out, a gentle ‘shhh’ being the only noise instead. “Noisy, are you? Now go back to your friends and stop that.” Armond huffed as he fell from the ceiling, landing on his feet.

He pushed Joseph, who quickly regained his thoughts and ran towards William and Thierry, hiding behind them. “Is she in the basement?” Thierry asked.

“Why would I tell you?” Armond replied, sitting at the customer help desk and smiling to himself. Thierry and William looked at each other and nodded.

“Joseph, go back to Ms. Gilbert, if we aren’t out in… 30 minutes, tell the cops where we are,” Thierry spoke in his native tongue to Joseph, Armond showed interest and tilted his head.

Thierry took that as a sign that he didn’t understand French and watched as Joseph made his way to the door, his eyes on Armond the whole time. When he touched the door handle, Thierry and William watched as arms came from above and grabbed his shoulders.