Eleven

Taking Faye to the appointment was probably not the best decision but Lando or Matilda didn't want to tell anyone yet and asking a friend to watch the rambunctious toddler would make them ask questions. So they sat in the room eating for the doctor Matilda sat on the table Lando in the chair and Faye in his lap watching bluey on Lando's phone.

It didn't take long which Matilda was thankful for as the more time she spent in the small room she was getting more anxious. With the usual routine of the questions and other normal things they finally got to the part of the appointment that she was most nervous for. Laying down on the table pulling up her shirt so the doctor could put the gel on which was always cold for no reason.

"Okay let's see what we have," the older woman said. Matilda didn't think twice about which doctor she would go to of course she would go to the same one she went to when she was pregnant with Faye.

Smoothing the gel out of her stomach as she looks at the screen moving her hand ever so slightly to get a better picture it didn't take long to find the right spot. A little tiny blob showing up on the screen tears welled up in Tilly's eyes immediately it didn't matter how many times that have gone through this she would cry every time as did Lando.

"Okay so I would put you at about eight weeks" that was the only words said for both Lando and Tilly to start crying for real most men would try to hide their tears but Lando didn't care especially after everything that's happened in the last year.

"And everything seems to be perfect" she smiled at the couple who didn't bother to wipe the tears away Matilda looked at Faye who was now sitting in the seat next to Lando still on his phone watching bluey.

"Are you sure?" Matilda couldn't help but ask she needed reassurance. Of course it was still early in her pregnancy anything could happen but she couldn't help it.

"Yes'' the woman smiled at both Tilly and Lando before continuing. " what happened before is not your fault and it's okay to feel like you're asking if everything is okay too much."

Matilda didn't realize how comforting those words were in the moment, only realizing after the growing family had gotten home faye asleep in landos arms as they made their way up the elevator. As lando put Faye in her bedroom Matilda got started on dinner it was no secret that Matilda was the better cook in the house and Lando wouldn't deny it in fact there were plenty of times Lando had eaten while he was streaming on twitch and couldn't stop telling the viewers how good her cooking was.

Walking back downstairs seeing Matilda cooking he would offer to help but that would just be a mess plus he still hasn't completely recovered from her yelling at him. It was something  along the lines of 'get the hell out of my kitchen Lando Norris' although he couldn't be too sure. So he sat at the counter top with his Macbook in front of him looking over the next few months and what was planned.

"Are you coming to the races later in the year?" Lando asked, breaking the silence he wouldn't be surprised if she decided not to but it was entirely her choice.

"Well I kinda have to" she replied as she stirred the cheese dip she was making

"Why?" He asked looking up at her

"Cause if I stop going people are gonna assume things" she replied moving to the spice cabinet grabbing a couple before returning to the stove.

"True" he said his hands move up to the top of his head removing his hat and messing with his curls. The emotions from the day were still high and Lando didn't want to get his hopes up. He did that before and it ended terribly.

"And we're telling no one other than your parents until we can't hide it anymore" she added, pulling plates out of the cabinet, two regular size ones for her and Lando and a small one for Faye.