two

Lando has been acting weird the past few days, Matilda thought as she put groceries away Lando and Faye were upstairs playing which game tilly plenty of time to think about the weirdness coming from her husband. Hiding his phone leaving the room to answer phone calls changing his passwords including deleting tillys face id from his phone.  She tried to ignore it but she never had a good experience when guys start hiding things, especially their phones.

She let out a sigh realizing she had zoned out as the toddler upstairs was now quiet and footsteps were heard coming down the stairs she stayed quiet as lando entered the kitchen laying a kiss on her forehead as a greeting before grabbing water out of the fridge a little taken back at matilda being so quiet as normally she would lean into him. Of course he knew at some point Matilda would catch on to him hiding things as she was always aware of everything (you thank ptsd for that) from who was around people taking photos 'secretly' etc.

But he only had less than twelve hours before the flight and he was determined to wait. He had already packed his matilda and Faye's bag and hid them and he made it this far without her knowing how he was gonna give up now. So instead he just walked out of the room knowing that he would fess up to her he was definitely wrapped around her finger everyone knew it too.

Although the new fg1 season was right around the corner Lando did not feel nervous like he usually did, maybe because he was trying to keep  this secret from his wife or he had gotten used to the nerves but he knew he was ready to start the season off hopefully with a win too. Last season ended on a good note but he was ready for more and ready to fight for the championship which he knew he could win not to be too cocky but this year's car was better than the years before.

11 hours later

6:04 am

Lando had woken Tilly and Faye up using the excuse as he was hungry and wanted to go get breakfast of course Matilda thought it was weird but she also didn't want to say anything as the past few weeks had been weird with him so she got up and got dressed and dressed Faye and as she did that Lando snuck the luggage down stairs to the car.

Surprisingly Lando was able to fit the bags into the car and was able to make sure it wasn't visible from the front seat as Tilly would look back to check on Faye every once in a while. Making their way to the car Lando buckled Faye into her car seat covering her up with her favorite blanket as she was still half asleep and giving her her stuffie.

Matilda sat quietly in the passenger seat zoned out as Lando took his spot in the driver's seat resting his hands on her leg which was moving up and down as she thought about the recent weeks that felt off.

Lando couldn't help but smirk, chuckling to himself quietly as he drove to the direction of the airport knowing at some point she would ask. It didn't take long for Matilda to notice that they were going the opposite way of any of their usual breakfast spots; hundreds of different things went through her head.

"Were exactly are we going" she asked finally breaking the silence looking towards lando as he drove

"That's a surprise" he answered shortly, Tilly's eyebrows furrowed, not liking the shortness of his answer. Lando kept his answer short despite the look he was getting from his wife looking in the rearview mirror seeing Faye sleeping soundly ads wrapped around her stuffed animal.

"Lando" Matilda sighed, leaning her head back against the seat, her arms crossing over her chest lifting her hand up to adjust her glasses that sat on her face.

"I don't like this game" she huffed out looking out the window as they passed by the bay yachts sitting in the water waiting to be taken out.

"Good thing it's not a game then" Lando replied, reaching up to grab his sunglasses that sat on the visors placing them on his face shielding his eyes from the bright morning sun.