𝟱: escapism

✮⋆˙

2021

2021

THE past couple of days have been hectic. so first thing's first, travis dies. it's been said to have been a suicide but natalie thinks otherwise. which leads to another thing, misty and natalie go snooping around and figure out that the symbol of the wilderness was left at the crime scene. so what does natalie do? call taissa. what does taissa do? call shauna. now who does shauna call? y/n. thus bringing the small group of survivors to meet up at natalie's motel, except for one (who was running late.)

it was awkward, and it was late. y/n was far from home and all the woman wanted to do was crawl into bed with her wife.

finally, a knock was at the door, presumably shauna. natalie cautiously opened the door and let the brunette in, looking around as she entered the room with a sigh. taissa stood by the sink, along with y/n, who was standing by the edge of nat's bed.

"you look like shit." natalie chuckled after a while. "uh, well, back at you." shauna nodded, waving her hand at the woman.

"how's jeff?" natalie asked, "is he still hocking futons?" taissa immediately interjected, "okay, no. no. no. we're not doing this, okay? not after the shit we've been through. now, we got a situation here. we're gonna deal with it." the woman declared. "together."

natalie, shauna, and y/n all exchanged looks, all trying to read each other's emotions by the expression on their face.

"okay, fine. what's going on?" shauna stammered lightly, seemingly annoyed. "yeah why the fuck are we out here so late?" y/n whined, frowning. she missed her wife but there were other things at hand. natalie silently guided the two women to look at the photos on the nearby table, both shauna and y/n following. y/n hadn't noticed it before, and if she saw it she probably wasn't paying attention. but she saw it now, as clear as day. travis martinez's dead body. or at the least the photos of it.

"is that travis?" shauna asked, looking at the photos and then at nat. "where did you get this?" y/n hesitantly asked, also looking at natalie but with a look of disgust. why would she keep these? natalie's eyes instantly looked as if they were tearing up at the mention of travis's name, and y/n regretted judging natalie so quickly, looking down at the photos again.

she could see, what she assumed was, the crime scene, taped together and written in with a marker. the symbol, the same symbol that haunted her for months and years after they were rescued. the symbol that had lottie in a chokehold. y/n didn't like seeing it.