𝟯: your love is king

✮⋆˙

IT was like everything was happening all over again, just with some more graphic imagery

IT was like everything was happening all over again, just with some more graphic imagery. she could see every casualty happen, and could imagine the aftermath of it. she prepared for impact, closing her eyes as she expected to hit the ground. by the time the plane did crash, she gasped awake in a cold sweat, trying to catch her breath as if she had just ran a marathon. y/n ran her hands down her arms, trying her best to soothe herself.

"nightmare?" a familiar whisper asked. y/n nodded at the brunette across from her, trying her best to sound normal. it's been about a week after lottie and her had their first talk, and they've been spending their nights together talking or just sitting in comfortable silence.

"yeah..a really shitty one." y/n whispered, laying back down. lottie frowned, looking around before crawling over to the other. "wanna talk about it?" she whispered gently. y/n hiccuped, the tears brimming her eyes evident in the subtle moonlight. "just the stupid crash..it still scares me i guess." she sniffled.

lottie hesitantly held y/n's hand, providing unspoken comfort. y/n sighed at the touch, feeling herself relax into lottie's smooth hands.  she lightly squeezed her hand, turning to face her more. "how long have you been awake?" she asked, wiping the tears from her eyes.

lottie looked away, she's been awake for a long time now. y/n could tell due to her reaction. she made some room on her cot, patting the space beside her for lottie to lay. lottie tried to deny her but she was pulled in anyways, laying on top of the y/n's blanket. she sighed, getting comfortable as y/n spoke.

"you should get some more sleep." y/n scolded, stretching a bit. lottie shrugged, "probably..but it's difficult, y'know?"

"duh, of course i know." y/n scoffed, looking up at the ceiling. "it doesn't hurt to try at least."

lottie hummed in response, glancing at y/n, who didn't notice how lottie's head turned to look at her. lottie observed her features, seeing how deep in thought she was. the brunette shook her thoughts away, looking up at the ceiling as well.

"hey, y'know what i think could help?" y/n chirped, propping herself up with her elbows as she smiled at lottie. the girl was dumbfounded, raising an eyebrow, "what?" she asked.

"stay here." y/n directed, getting up from her makeshift bed and quietly scurrying to her bag. she got her cassette player out, along with some cassettes she thought lottie might like, as well as her headphones. she was glad her things survived and were working well. she's kept it pretty hidden though, in fear of having it stolen. but she was willing to show it to lottie, plus she thought it was a really good idea to use it.

she tip-toed back to lottie, holding her new items. "what's that?" lottie whispered with a raised eyebrow. y/n got everything set up, and scooted closer to the other. "something to help you go to sleep." she said softly, placing the headphones over lottie's ears. "where did you-" lottie started before getting cut off by y/n. "don't worry about that." she giggled softly. "you like sade?"