𝟰: the conjuring

✮⋆˙

JACKIE didn't start her morning right, especially since she was the only one still asleep in the cabin and had to be woken up by natalie

JACKIE didn't start her morning right, especially since she was the only one still asleep in the cabin and had to be woken up by natalie. "i'm so cold..i have cramps." jackie whined when the dyed blonde nudged her back with her boot. her excuse didn't seem to work on natalie though, who said in return, "no shit, we all do. our period's have all synced up. now come on."

surprisingly, all of the girls on the team's periods had actually synced up. this unfortunately, left poor travis and javi to witness some of the aftermath. coach ben didn't care that much, nor did he even bother. he was too exhausted in his own thoughts, not to mention the fact he was still getting the hang of having one leg.

jackie did eventually get up, walking outside all dressed and listening to the instructions given by akilah for potential bloody clothes, other items, as well as breakfast. van and laura lee were doing the laundry while y/n was reading near them, having already done her chores. jackie sighed, intending to get some breakfast but was stopped by mari, who harshly told her to go to the lake and get some water.

y/n looked up when she heard mari's voice, curious for the sudden change in tone. jackie sighed in defeat, taking the bucket with a pout. she didn't want to walk alone. she looked back at y/n, who was watching carefully. "y/n? can you come with me?" jackie asked with a pleading look on her face. y/n nodded, closing her book and walking over to jackie, who smiled at her more friendly company. thus began their journey to the lake.

once they made it to the destination, they were met with the odd sight of lottie standing in the water with her pajamas on, looking at nothing in particular. "lottie?" y/n called out instantly, rightfully confused. sure looking out into space was a normal "lottie-thing" but this was just odd. why was lottie in the lake with her clothes on?

"aren't you cold?" the honey-blonde added, perfectly matching with y/n's thoughts.

lottie seemed to snap out of whatever daze she was in, blinking into reality. "yeah.." she sighed, before turning around to look at the duo. "thought it'd be warmer." she said eerily. jackie made a face in return, looking at y/n before looking back at lottie.

y/n looked at the brunette from afar, debating on guiding her away from the water. lottie had been acting stranger than usual, day and night. but that didn't stop her from spending the night with y/n. in fact, if the girl was asleep, lottie would just crawl in bed with her; bringing her own blanket and pillow. y/n had grown accustomed to waking up next to the brunette, but she wished she would open up to her. she wanted to know what was on her mind.

jackie went to get the water, leaving y/n in her thoughts as she observed lottie. "you should get your girl-buddy out of the water." jackie teased, struggling to keep the bucket steady. y/n rolled her eyes, taking off her shoes and walking into the water and going towards lottie. "hey." she smiled. lottie turned to look at her, slightly shocked by her presence. "you're gonna get your clothes wet." lottie said softly.