𝟭: the boogeyman

✮⋆˙

2021

2021

"YOUR story is very inspiring-" started the reporter. "-you found love in hell, you don't think anyone would want to hear about that?" she urged. y/n took a sip of her drink, sitting across from the woman she had let into her "home". "there isn't much to say about it." she said softly, which to her felt like an insult to her marriage. there was a lot to say about it.

"i don't believe that." the reporter, whose name was jessica roberts, continued. "it's interesting and you never know who it may inspire." she urged on. all while she was talking y/n could remember her days in the wilderness, how they screamed and howled as they chased one of their teammates through the trees and the snow. how the chosen girl would scream in fear before dying shamelessly.

y/n remember sitting hand in hand with lottie, desensitized from all they have done, maybe even unbothered. the fire illuminating the mask she wore to shield herself from the cold. she remembers always watching the pieces of meat being brought to the group, finally cooked and ready.

she'd always look at the leader in white, the antler queen, making sure she took a bite before she did. it was a chain reaction, once one ate, the other did. and their hunger combined seemed to be soothed for the meantime.

"it's nothing much." present y/n sighed, taking a sip out of her drink. "my love story shouldn't be so important, the ones we lost there are the real important ones."

"then tell me about them."

y/n shook her head, "i don't want to talk about them. it hurts too much." she lied. y/n had agreed to meet jessica in private, not wanting lottie to be exposed to this kind of thing. she rented an air bnb just for this, she even had to lie to poor lottie that she was going to hang out with some old friends for the day. she hated lying to her wife, especially since she always seems to find out.

"well how is lottie? have you ever considered...?"

"no, definitely not." she smiled sweetly. "we want to focus on our future, not our past. to grow from our experiences and walk the ground as new people." y/n mentally cursed herself for her horrible impression of lottie. she took another sip, watching jessica's reaction.

"i see." she said, finally getting the idea. "well if you ever consider it, you know what to do."

"of course." y/n didn't plan on ever calling the card jessica had ever given her.