Prologue

(Before the War for Cybertron. A couple days before Megatron and Orion Pax's speeches to the senate)

Senator ShockWave walks out of the senate building feeling pleased and maybe even a little bit smug with recent events. He managed to use the last of influence on helping that Alpha Trion fellow get the file clerk Orion Pax and his gladiator friend Megatron a meeting with the rest of the senate. He met Orion Pax a couple times before but hadn't had too much of a chance to further develop their friendship since the ShockWave lived a more private life outside of Iacon. But he knew a good mech when he saw one and he knew that Orion Pax would be the one to cut the head off the snake that is this corrupt senate.

Hah, Proteus was livid that I actually won out this debate without a fistfight being ensued. I can't wait to see his faceplate when Orion delivers his speech. Many knew that Proteus and him never got along with each other. Actually, that is an understatement; they despise each other. ShockWave is known by his fellow senators to have an "emotional outburst problem" and so he had little to no friends amongst the senators. Which plays into his nemesis, Proteus's, advantage in most cases. But not today. Today, he played all the cards he had and played them right. If everything goes to plan, he will never have to worry about those cards becoming knives to stab him in the back.

ShockWave hops onto a train to take him back to The Jhiaxian Academy of Advanced Technology, nicknamed "The Academy", that lies between Iacon and Tarn, close to Crystal City. The ride, thanks to the scientist, Wheeljack of Crystal City, isn't long and he soon finds himself strolling out of the train and moving in the direction of The Academy with a smile on his faceplate. This day just can only get better with a new paintjob.

Hmm, perhaps I can contact DyeSplash and PaintBucket to see if I can get scheduled for a new one today, this red and blue one is starting to get a little old. His optics wander over the buildings and the shimmering star sky above him as he walks down the street with his bags in hand, finding nothing to bring down his smile and slight hop in his step. He can't remember being this excited since he decoded the Quintesson language back during the Age of Wrath. Yes. A new paint job would be just the finishing polish to the day I need. I will do that after I unpack my bags and check up on how the others are doing at The Academy. Though I am sure Skids has everything under cont—

Screams and sirens erupt in the sky, ShockWave sees smoke climbing up to hide the stars from behind a couple of tall buildings. His optics widen, he drops his suitcases and sprints in the direction of the smoke. No! Please! Not The Academy! Please let my students be safe! Please...

He transforms into his jet mode and makes a sharp turn around the corner towards The Academy. His mind races as he worries for all of his students, his mind will only be at ease if he sees that all of his students are safe. Once the burning academy met his dismayed optics, he transforms back to 'bot mode and runs the rest of the way there. He dodges men and women running from nearby buildings that also caught on fire and shoves his way through to The Academy. He spots Glitch's bright vermillion paintjob and rushes towards it, finding the rest of his students there with the shivering empurata victim. He finds the blue super learner he needs to talk to and grabs his student's shoulders in panic.

"Skids! Is everyone okay?! Is everyone safe?!" ShockWave trembles with worry, the stench of smoke coating every one of his students around him. Skids grabs his wrists to halt ShockWave from shaking him.

"Everyone is fine. A few burns and everyone is covered in smoke and ash. But other than that, everyone is safe," Skids states calmly but loudly with his accent, his yellow optics looking tired and irritated from the ash around his pale grey faceplate.

"Why are you yelling? I mean I get that the sirens are loud, but you don't need your voice box at that volume." ShockWave asks as he glances at the trembling Glitch that is trying to grasp the blanket given to him with his clawed hands, Windcharger who is reassuring one of the other students as he applies first aid to her burns, and TrailBreaker trapped in one of his anxiety forcefields that is surrounded by extinguisher foam. He could not help but allow his optics rove over all of his students, counting all of them into his head and quickly noting their condition.