꧁•⊹٭19٭⊹•꧂

He was staring at his bedroom ceiling thinking about the conversation he had with Hongjoong almost an hour ago. It wasn't really a converstation, more like a little argument regarding on who should sleep on the bed and who on the couch. Seonghwa was winning until Hongjoong just laid on the couch, refusing to move when Seonghwa tried to reason with him.

But now Seonghwa couldn't sleep. How could someone sleep when their crush was sleeping so close, in their house, with their clothes. No one, precisely.

He felt guilty too because although this was more of a 'I don't have anywhere to go' kinda thing Hongjoong was still his guest and he found it extremely rude to let a guest sleep on the couch when he was laying comfortably on the bed.

His train of thoughts got stopped by a soft knock on his bedroom door.

The door then slightly opened just for a head to peak through the crack.

"Hongjoong?" He whispered.

"...Sorry I just wanted to check if you were sleeping, I didn't mean to wake you"

"No, no it's fine." He sat up on the bed propping himself with his arms. "I wasn't sleeping anyway."

Hongjoong opened the door wider. He looked so cute an tiny just standing there in the doorframe that Seonghwa wanted to held him and squeeze him in his arms. He refrained from cooing at the sight when he noticed him fidgeting with the hem of his -well, Seonghwa's- hoodie.

"Is there something wrong?"

The younger boy looked down at his feet. God he was gonna be the death of Seonghwa if he kept being this cute.

"I just can't sleep..."

It was silent, neither of the boys dared to speak up. Seonghwa's brain apparently had a different idea and before he could stop himself the words were already being said.

"Do you want to sleep here?"

"Would that make you uncomfortable?"

"...Not at all."

Seonghwa scooted to the side to make space for the younger as Hongjoong made his way to the bed. Seonghwa was growing more nervous the closer the other got and his breath almost hitched when he felt the bed dip under Hongjoong's weight, that now was sitting right beside him.

They both laid back without speaking a word. Seonghwa was painfully aware of their closeness, or of their shoulders touching. He closed his eyes, focusing on Hongjoong's breathing, he just hoped he wasn't able to hear his quick hwartbeat because he sure as hell did.

Once he was positive the younger was asleep he rolled on his side, facing him. It was dark and he knew he probably wouldn't be able to see his face clearly but the urge to try and see the other sleeping frame was just too strong. He didn't expect  to find a pair of eyes already staring at him.

"Seonghwa?"

"Mmh?" He couldn't talk. He didn't trust his voice at the moment.

"Can I hug you?"

He nodded and opened his arms as Hongjoong turned to his side to face him too, only to snuggle himself into the older's embrace. Seonghwa couldn't believe his prayers would actually work -mostly because he wasn't religious- but he was beyond happy. And nervous but he always was around Hongjoong so that was normal.

"Thank you."

"Why?"

"Because you didn't ask."

Confusion occupied his mind. He did ask Hongjoong why he was standing under the rain but then he didn't ask anything else. He didn't want to make him uncomfortable by asking personal stuff even if he was dying to know why the younger was behaving like that. But he just felt like it would only worsen the situation if he asked earlier so he decided to keep to himself and hope the other would tell him.
He didn't but if he felt like that Seonghwa didn't want to force him.

He made a promise to himself that night.

He wouldn't forgive whoever made Hongjoong sad, never.

[a/n: slightly shorter chapter because I wanted to write this scene]