𝐢𝐢. 𝘁𝗵𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝘃𝗮𝗻

˗ˏˋ【 。⋆ 𝑶𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒   】ˊˎ˗𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘 ────❝ 𝚃𝙷𝚄𝙽𝙳𝙴𝚁 𝚅𝙰𝙽 ❞

˗ˏˋ【 。⋆ 𝑶𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 】ˊˎ˗
𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘 ────
❝ 𝚃𝙷𝚄𝙽𝙳𝙴𝚁 𝚅𝙰𝙽 ❞

─────────────────

      𝑳𝐔𝐂𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘 sitting at the table with the Thundermans except for Hank. It was Friday after school, which meant that Lucy and Phoebe found the perfect opportunity for a sleepover. It was an annual thing for the girls to stay at each other's houses. Lucy always tried to find an excuse to stay at Phoebe's, just so she could see Max.

      She sat across from Billy and Nora, with Phoebe on her right at the end of the table and Max on the far left side of her.

      "More salad, Phoebe?" Barb asked her eldest daughter, expecting a response, but Phoebe had her eyes glued to the cell phone in her hand. "Phoebe?"

      Phoebe's phone rang. She answered it without even looking at the caller ID.

      "Hello?" she spoke.

      "Mom wants to know if you want more salad," Max spoke over the phone. Lucy's head turned to Max, a grin tugging on the ends of her lips.

      "Why didn't she just ask me?" Phoebe's brows furrowed together, but she was cut off by Barb, who snatched the phone from her hand, placing it on the table before offering her more salad.

      "Sorry... I was just chirping my friends on Chirper."

      Max leaned forward in his chair. "Phoebe, you're confusing Mom," he whispered across the end of the table.

      Barb took major offense to that. She stood up straight as she spoke. "No, she's not- I chirp my friends all the time. We're all like 'Chirp, chirp, girlfriend!'"

      Lucy shared an amused look with Max and Phoebe at Barb's oblivion towards the app, but she couldn't blame her.

      "It's a social networking site," Lucy explained, but Barb still looked confused. Phoebe picked up on that, joining in for the explanation.

      "Let me back up, Mom- this is a cell phone."

      Barb gave her daughter a look, but before she could say anything, a loud honking sound interrupted the quiet kitchen atmosphere.

      Billy leaped to his feet. "Hey, I know that honk!"

      They walked outside through the backdoor into the Thundermans' backyard/garage area. A large black van with the Thunderman 'T' on the side was parked in the driveway.

      "The Thundervan!" Nora and Billy cheered at the familiar vehicle.

      "Yup, got this old crime-fighting machine out of storage from Metroburg," Hank said proudly, looking at the Thundervan in awe.