01 x 03

Auri begins to laugh as everybody has a serious look on their face.

"You guys are gunna laugh, y'all asses off when I explain everything to you."

LeRoi was not impressed. Neither was her father. They stood with the same pose, their arms folded with a look of disappointment on their faces.

"You know it's kind of weird seeing both daddies doing the same pose." Auri expresses, trying to crack a joke. Her siblings and their spouses chuckled at the joke but quickly fixed their faces when Marion and LeRoi glared at them.

"Fuck." Auri grumbles. Her mother comes to and leans against the counter. Her hand holding her head. She looks over and sees a nervous Auri.

"Look what the cat dragged in! This is what you were hiding?! You're marrying your sugar daddy?!" Mayte exclaims as Auri's jaw drops in disbelief. Omari and Ario bust out laughing as Danielle covers her mouth, snickering. Rayven was in his own little world, eating the open bag of Doritos, chilling. Auri quickly turns her head towards her siblings. Their face immediately straightens. Omari coughs and clears his throat.

"Aye, let's uhh go outside. You know us black people need Vitamin D."

"I'm white soooo..."

"DANIELLE IF YOU DON'T TAKE YO HONKY ASS OUTSIDE!" Auri scolds, pointing at the door. They all looked down, trying to mask their laughter, going out to the balcony. Rayven stood there, spaced out, eating the chips. Auri, Mayte, Marion and LeRoi glares at Rayven. Auri sighed as she realized that Rayven disassociated.

"RAYVEN!" She yells out, startling him.

"Oh, hey, Auri!" Auri nudges her head to the door. Rayven quickly acknowledges her and hurriedly leaves for the balcony. Once the door shut, the four looked at each other.

"I'm not her sugar daddy..." LeRoi corrects. Mayte turns around and places her hand on her hip.

"Sir, how old are you?"

"I'm fifty-seven." Mayte collapses as Marion catches her.

"You're a fucking predator!" Marion accuses, which causes Auri to interject.

"Dad, I'm fucking thirty-three years old! I am grown enough to make my own decisions." She argues.

"So, you mean to tell me. You reject a man that's your age to marry somebody that's the same age as me?! Did I fail you as your father?" Auri groans.

"No, Dad, you didn't. I just..." Auri pauses and walks over to LeRoi, placing her hand on his chest and looking at her parents.

"I just fell in love. LeRoi, I apologize. I should've told my parents about us sooner." Auri looks up at LeRoi with apologetic eyes. Leroi smiles softly. How could he stay mad at her?

"It's fine... I know this isn't something that you can explain to any parent... If my daughter did th---" Mayte immediately gets up, furrowing her eyebrows.

"How old is your daughter?"

"Well, I have two kids, my son just turned forty and my daughter is thirty-five." Mayte collapses again, Marion catches her and groans.

"Woman, I am not in my twenties anymore I cannot keep catching you!" Marion complains. Mayte clutches her chest.

"Marion, did you just hear him? His youngest is older than our baby girl?! What do your children think of this!" Mayte asks as her hands scramble.