Chapter Thirty Three - Year Three

A week had passed since our Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson. That night, I hadn't been able to sleep at all. Between not feeling tired and my mind being restless from the events of the day, there was no chance of me sleeping. Throughout the whole week, I maybe slept for twelve hours total. The lack of sleep did not help getting through my classes either. Potions was more miserable than ever. The story of Neville's boggart and how Snape had been wearing a dress spread like wildfire. Snape was entirely more irritable and was bullying Neville more than ever. Divination was just as awful. Not only was the material we were learning completely useless, Professor Trelawney always looked at Harry and I with tears in her eyes. All I could do was sigh and try my best to make it through the class. Muggle Studies was a pretty easy class and Ancient Runes was very interesting.
Unfortunately, Care of Magical Creatures had become quite dull. After the intense lesson with Buckbeak, Hagrid had lost his confidence. He had started us on taking care of flobberworms. It was an extremely boring class as the flobberworms did nothing but sit there.
Our most exciting class, however, was Defense Against the Dark Arts. After working with the boggarts, we learned about Red Caps, goblin-like creatures that lurked wherever there had been bloodshed, and kappas, which looked like scaly monkeys with webbed hands that strangled those who ended up in their waters that were unwanted.

Things were also starting to look exciting when Oliver had called us down for the first day of Quidditch. Until it started raining. Harry and I ran from the castle down to the Quidditch pitch. Thank Merlin that it had only been a meeting. Actual practice started the next night. I used a spell to put an invisible umbrella above Harry's and I's heads, but the wind still got to us. Not to mention, the rain that was being carried by the wind. Once we got into the tent, I got rid of the umbrella and pointed my wand to myself. I dried my clothes and my hair before pointing my wand at Harry and doing the same. "Thanks." Harry told me.

"Don't mention it." I said. Harry and I then found seats next to each other. Katie, Angelina, and Oliver were already in the changing room when we came in. Fred and George made their way in a minute after Harry and I.

"Alright, now that everyone is here." Oliver began. "This is our last chance -- my last chance -- to win the Quidditch cup. I'll be leaving school at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it.
"Gryffindor hasn't won for seven years now. Okay, so we've had the worst luck in the world -- injuries -- then the tournament getting called off last year..." Oliver looked as though the memory of it still affected him. "But we also know we've got the best--ruddy--team--in-the-school," He said, punching his fist into his hand at every word.
"We've got three superb Chasers." Wood said. Angelina, Katie, and I all smiled at him and reached for each other's hands, squeezing them. "Two unbeatable Beaters."

"Stop it, Oliver, you're embarrassing us." The twins said together, pretending to blush.

"And we've got a Seeker who has never failed to win a match for us!" Oliver growled out, furious yet full of pride at the same time. "And me." He added in.

"We think you're very good too, Oliver." George told him.

"Spanking good Keeper." Fred said.

"Best Keeper at Hogwarts." I added.

"The point is," Oliver continued, "the Quidditch Cup should have had our name on it these last two years. Ever since Harry and Emily joined the team, I've thought the thing was in the bag. But we haven't got it, and this year's the last chance we'll get to finally see our name on the thing..." Oliver had so much passion and determination in his voice that even Fred and George couldn't make a joke.

"Oliver, this year's our year!" Fred assured.

"We'll do it, Oliver!" Said Angelina.

"Definitely." Harry told him.