6 | Bigger Field

"We thought that you wouldn't be the type to socialize with neighbors." A woman with blonde hair said as she spoke to Hana and a woman with brown hair, who held a baby. Yuki, Ame and I were watching through the bushes at the kids running around beside the three women. The brown-haired woman smiled, "There aren't much young mothers out here, I'm really glad to have another join us." She spoke. The blonde woman nodded and said, "If you need anything, just ask! We're always glad to help."

Hana would nod and lean into whisper to the two women. The blonde woman would gasp as she spoke aloud, "You live off of your savings!?" Hana nodded. The sound of the kids laughing nearby causing the conversation to get a bit drowned out. Hana would say, "If I don't start working I might..." She paused and said, "Finding a job is hard."

The brown-haired woman said, "We leave our kids at nursery school with pretty long commutes." Both the woman would say, "Righhttt!"

That conversation sparked a lot of important stuff. School, how funny...

"What is nursery school? Is it fun?" Yuki asked Hana as she cooked. She was confused at what Yuki meant. Yuki would continue speaking, "Why don't we go?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows. Hana would stutter, "well, I uhm... Its be-" She was cut off by Yuki shouting her lungs out, "I wanna go to school!!!" The two would just end up going back and forth.

"You can't."
"CAN TOO!!"
"You can't!"
"CAN TOOOOOO!!"

Yuki would begin having a tantrum, rolling around on the floor as she yelled about how she wants to go to school. This would last during the whole dinner time. Hana would sigh, "Come on Yuki... Eat your dinner." The only reply was the continuous tantrum and yelling. I would soon ask, "Can I go to school too?" Hana would double sigh, "Oh jeez, not you too, Y/n." I didn't quite understand what school was and what she had meant, I just wanted to say something, and Hana noticed that before she softly rubbed my head.

•|•

You guys had gone back to the field and hand would begin pulling up the potatoes. It was a lot of them, and it was shocking for all of us. Hana and Yuki would begin pulling up potatoes and putting them in baskets while Ame would clean the potato. I would grab one of the potatoes, turning into a wolf and try to eat it though Hana immediately stopped me. "You can't eat that, Y/n."

I pouted and tried to grab another, and she'd tried to take it from me, but I held it firm in my mouth and eventually bit down on it. I barked before stealing another and Hana would just let me have it, chuckling as she watched me eat it.

"It's so many potatoes!!" Yuki exclaimed. Hana would pack up the rest of the potatoes and carried some to Mr. and Mrs. Nirasaki home, though no one was home.

They decided to go to a old man's house next. He examined the potatoes, "These have grown nicely." Hana would smile as she proudly said, "Everyone helped us, so it's mostly thanks to them."

He took the potatoes inside, "Wild boars got into our farm..." Hana was surprised. The old man came back out with giant carrots. "I wonder why they didn't get into your farm. Here are some potatoes."

She gasped as he placed the heavy and big carrots in her arms. Yuki would begin tugging at Hana's jacket. "I gotta pee!"

Hana wouldn't notice as she went to their next stop was another old man. He would be surprised that she managed to have good potatoes. "None of the animals hit your farm. What's your secret?" He asked, as he handed her a heavy bagged up rice. 

Hana laughed nervously. "There isn't any secret-" She was cut off by Yuki shouting, "I hafta pee!!!" 

Hana's face flushed in embarrassment, "Y-you'll have to wait until we get home." That's when she came to a sudden realization of something, gasping to herself.

Once they arrived home, Yuki rushed to the bathroom. Hana would catch up with Mrs. Nirasaki. She would bow as she was given a lot of eggs, "Thank you so much. It's been a long while since we've had eggs." She said and heads into kitchen to try and figure out where to put the eggs.

Mrs. Nirasaki would follow, popping her head in before saying, with a surprised expression, "Oh my goodness! You'll never fit anything in there.

Some mover people would arrive and carry a fridge in for Hana. Hana would be surprised and so we're we, we've never seen a fridge so big before. "Y-you guys didn't need to do this! I-i mean, it's so... Big!" 

One of the guys would shake his head, "it was just collecting dust in the shed, you need it so it's yours." The other mover would add, "If you don't take it gramps'll be mad. He loves you a lot, Hana-chan. Even though he's in his nineties."

The guy would clarify, "Well, he means that he goes around telling everyone to give you guys a hand." Though he would soon hit in the back of his head by the first guy. "He said not to say anything!" Hana was too dumbfounded to even say anything apart from thank you.

•|•

Mr. Nirasaki would be walking around a field and Hana would approach with her big usual smile. "I understand now. I understand why the field needed to be so big."

Mr. Nirasaki would sigh. "I don't like it. Why you always smilin' your head off?" Hana would pause for it minute before she began laughing abruptly. Mr. Nirasaki would be confused. "Whats so funny?"

Eventually she'd calm down and wipe the tears from her eyes, "Nothing... Nothing... I'm sorry, I just feel so happy right now for some reason."

•|•

It makes me happy to know my mother had a support system back then and she still does.

Hana would sit down infront of a small shrine she had made for my father. She looked down at the hot drink she'd been holding. "Huh, it's funny. I moved out here to get away from people... Yet everyone here is taking care of us. It was really hard at the start."

She smiled, closing her eyes as she recalled all of the wonderful moments. "I believe that, somehow, we can make it work here."