3 | Hardships

Yuki's birth, Ame's birth, my birth... The hardships that happened... I don't really recall much. Though my mother remembers everything.

"MOMMA!!" Yuki shouted as she rushed Hana to finish cooking the food. Hana looked back nervously, "I'm making it now, just give me a minute, Yuki." She said though Yuki wasn't having any of it , shouting once more. "MOMMA!!" Her ears coming out. I, a baby, would begin crying loudly from the sudden noise. Hana sighed, "Oh... Come on... I just managed to get her down for a nap."

My sister ate like a complete pig. The complete opposite of my brother Ame, who barely ate. My mother told me that I was a picky eater. Me? A picky eater? Oh come on...

Finally the food was finished and Yuki began digging into the meal. She was making a complete mess. Hana smiled as she breastfed Ame. "You like it?" She asked. Yuki hummed in response, not taking time away from the bowl. " Mmhm!" Ame would stop drinking, coughing.

My mom took a break from college and quit working her part-time job.

Yuki would begin pulling on the table sheet, trying to the jam. "Jammmm..." Hana quickly lean over the table and grab the bottle that almost fell on the ground, her heart almost leaped out of her chest. "AH!" She sighed as she laid her head on the table, "Too close..."

We lived off of the meager savings my father had left for us.

Hana was ironing clothes as Ame watched and I napped beside her. Yuki, in the back, would begin climbing the dresser. She would get stuck on the third dresser and began wiggling. "WAH!" It would soon fall back and Hana used her arm to stop it from falling on her. She pushed it back and sighed, looking nervous. "That was too close..."

I feel bad... Yeah, I wouldn't know how much she went through at the time but it still hurts knowing how much she struggled. Especially without my father...

•|•

My mother noted that the three of us could never decide whether we wanted to live as humans or wolves.

Hana watched as Yuki shook her head, her ears and tail coming out. Ame reached his head up and shook his head, his ears and tail coming out. Hana looked over at me as I laid in the crib, already in my full wolf form . She chuckled.

•|•

As Hana cleaned the bathroom Yuki would begin, in her full wolf form, destroying all the furniture with Ame watching. The only thing in the room that survived was my crib. Hana walked past, sighing in relief though that relaxation period didn't last long as she saw the utter mess in the room. "W-what did you do, Yuki?!" She asked.

She would walk over to the crib to make sure I was okay and gasped. She looked back at Yuki, who just had a smile on her face before she yawned. All the destruction exhausting her.

•|•

My mother couldn't get any advice from people so all she could do was studying on her own.

Though studying was hard when she had to breastfeed two children every two hours. On top of that, Ame crying and not drinking any milk.

The only thing she could do was rub his back all night and possibly even all day. She barely got any sleep due to this.

Hana began doing laundry with Ame being on her back. She would begin dozing off, her head slowly dropping. She'd immediately perk her head back up, Ame letting out a small, "Aaah!" She looked back at him, smiling nervously . "It's fine."

She could just close her eyes for a moment and she'd end up falling asleep immediately.

Yuki was eating food and Ame was watching as he usually did. Hana her finger in my tiny hand, trying to get me to go to sleep to no avail. She ended up falling asleep instead, her eyes closing. Yuki looked over surprised, "Mommy?" She asked. Hana calmly opened her eyes, "Is something wrong?" She asked, moving her hand to softly clean the food off of Yuki's cheek. The girl would giggle and shake her head.