4 | Something new

It wouldn't take long before we got our new and forever home.

A while later, Hana and us were driving to see a home with the real estate agent. He was talking about the history of the place and how far the school is and even when taking the bus or train it was a long travel. Hana held me in her arms, allowing me to play with her fingers as Ame and Yuki slept in the back.

Hana looked down at the postcard my father had given her. She knew he'd want to live out here, so why not allow her kids to experience his dream.

Once the guy parked the car, Hana strapped all of us onto her before walking up to the house. The real estate agent walked up to the front and peered on inside. Hana couldn't help but say, "It's... So big." The house was big and a somewhat rundown with vines and weed going on and around it. Though it's definitely fixable.

"You definitely don't have to worry about rent, though your focus should be the cost of fixing this... It'll be a lot." The real estate agent said as Hana stepped onto the porch, looking up at it. Her gaze went over to the field. "The fields, are they...?"

"The fields aren't really the best here; the animals constantly eat up everything. That's one of the reasons people don't really live up here." He replied.

"What about the neighbors?" She asked. He hummed before saying, "You wouldn't find any unless you go all the way down, so-" She would cut him off before he could say anything else. "We'll take it."

He looked back at her dumbfounded. Hana smiled and repeated herself, "We'll take it."

•|•

Yuki would be bouncing around the new home, jumping from the porch onto the ground as she squealed. She would begin laughing loudly. Ame would ask, "Where are we?" Hand smiled as she let me and Ame from her cloth so we could roam around the area. "We're at our new home."

"Look at the house, momma! It's leaning!" Yuki shouted before she looked down and saw the ants crawling in a line. "The ants!! Hellooooo!!"

Ame would watch, leaning on a wall. Yuki looked over to him, "C'mon!!! Ame!! Y/n!!" As she shouted a lizard would crawl up the wall, spooking Ame. He ran over to Yuki, scared. "WAAAAAH!"

I didn't leave Hana's side, clinging onto her like letting go would result in disappearing or something of the sorts. She would look down at me and smile, picking me up before she turned to Ame and Yuki. "Do you guys like it?"

Yuki excitingly nodded, "I LOVE IT! It's amazing!" Ame was the complete opposite, shaking his head softly. "Can we go home now?" Hana sighed, smiling softly.

•|•

Hana would begin cleaning up the entire place, sweeping the dusty floors. Ame would watch as she'd end up with her foot stuck in the floor. She'd end up having to fix the floor herself.

-

During a rainy night, the roofs would begin leaking. Hana hoped that placing buckets around would fix the issue but it was a lot of water. Me, Ame and Yuki sat around one of the buckets, watching as the drops of rain filled it. I placed my hand out, letting the droplets fall on my hand. Yuki would do the same thing, Ame following quickly after. He'd end up getting splashed in the face with one of the drops colliding with his hand.

-

Mom told me that I was really interested in hunting, though it definitely wasn't the way most wolves or animals hunted.

On a nice sunny day, Hana watched as Ame and Yuki played around in the field. She turned to the spot I was previously sitting at only to realize I was gone. "Y-y/n?!" She immediately stood up and began looking all around for him, until she found me just at the side of the house. Looking at a cute bunny, who was just staring back. 

Hana was a bit nervous, unsure if the rabbit would begin attacking if I was going to attack it. Though just in a blink of an eye, I grabbed the rabbit by its ears and smiled as I showed Hana. "Momma! Food!" She looked dumbfounded and wasn't sure what to do.

She'd end up letting the rabbit go, though praising me for being able to catch such a difficult animal so easily. That only fueld my passion even more than she could've realized.

-

Yuki ran up to the porch holding something in her arms. "Momma!!" Hana looked and crouched down, "What's that you have there Yuki?" Though she'd regret asking as Yuki opened her arms and let the bugs and frog out. "See! Cool, right?" She asked as Ame ran away, being very scared of the little things.

•|•

Before going shopping, Hana decided she wanted to track our heights on one of the poles of the house. She softly laid my hair down and marked my height.

Yuki - 5ft

Ame - 4ft

Y/n - 3ft

She looked at the markings with a smile before we headed to the store. After a while of shopping, me and Yuki were standing by the door, looking at all the passerbys. As Hana walked out of one of the stores, she noticed a woman looking a bowed. "Hello." The other woman would stay silent for a second before replying, "Hello." She walked into the store as Hana grabbed us and began heading home.

One of the customers would ask, "Any clue who that woman is?" The woman who had walked into the store would answer, "She just moved out there..." The agent who gave Hana the house would say, "She wanted to live somewhere that was away from people. It's a bit strange."

"Does she have a husband?"

"I don't know."

"What about a job?"

"I don't know that either. Oh, and Mr. Nirasaki. Don't be too hard on them." The agent said. Mr. Nirasaki would just look at them, not saying anything.