Chapter 5: On The Run

Start from the beginning

"Which way did they go?" Connor asked him and Chris pointed down the left of the sidewalk. "That way." Chris said and Connor ran down that way as (Y/N) and Hank ran after him.

Connor ran over to another officer and the officer pointed where they went and he saw them climbing over a wired fence. Connor ran towards them and stopped in front of the fence looking at Kara and Kara gave Connor a quick look before she took the girl, Alice, hand and ran towards the traffic road, trying to cross it. Hank and (Y/N) finally caught up to Connor and Hank put his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath. "Jesus fuckin' Christ...." Hank said and Connor tried to start climbing over the fence, but (Y/N) pull him down.

"What are you doing? You can't go after them!" "We can't lose them, (Y/N). Not when we're this close to catching them." Connor said and tried to climb again, but Hank pulled him down this time. "For fuck sakes Connor, let them go. Catching them is not worth getting yourself killed over" Hank said. Connor looked back at Kara and Alice, which were already on the other side of the traffic and ran away. Connor nodded and took a step back.

{Hank: 🔺}

"Don't worry, we'll find it sooner or later." Hank said reassuringly to him and they headed back to the car and drove away.

- - - - - - -

[PM 03:02]

The car had parked across from a diner stand called Chicken Feed. Hank got out of the car and walked away towards the diner stand and along the way he had to yell at some drivers for almost running him over as he crossed.

(Y/N) looked at Connor and said "I'm sorry that they got away. I wasn't going to let you go out there when you could have been killed." "I understand, (Y/N). But my question is why did Lieutenant stop me from running across the street?" Connor asked and she gave him a soft smile. "Well, the only way to know is by asking him." (Y/N) said and got out and walked over to Hank.

/RECONCILE WITH LT. ANDERSON/

Connor got out of the car and walked over to them. Hank saw him come over and stand on his right side as (Y/N) stood on his left. Hank said and said "What's your problem? Don't you do as you're told?" Hank said and (Y/N) nudged him and whispered to him "Be nice, Dad." Hank sighed and looked at Connor and said "Look, you don't have to follow us around like a poodle!" "I'm sorry for my behavior back at the police station. I didn't mean to be unpleasant." Connor said in a apologetic tone.

"Oh, wow.... You've even got a brown-nosing apology program!" Hank said sarcastically, but in a nice way.

{Hank: 🔺}

"Guys at Cyberlife thought of everything, huh?" Hank said mostly towards himself and the worker/ owner of the food stand walked back to Hank and gave him a burger and soda and (Y/N) her fries and BLT burger. "Here you guys go." He said as Connor did a quick scan of their food and the man giving it to them.

"Ah. Thanks, Gary. I'm starving." "Thanks, Gary." Hank and (Y/N) said as (Y/N) paid for her food. Hank and (Y/N) walked to a nearby table and Gary said "Hey, don't leave that thing here." "Huh, not a chance! It follows us everywhere..." Hank said as him and (Y/N) stood at a table and Connor joined them. "Both of your meals contains at least 1.4 times the recommended daily intake of calories and twice the cholesterol level. You shouldn't eat that." Connor says to them.

"Everybody's gotta die of something..." Hank said and took a bite of his burger.

{Hank: 🔺}

"Besides, Connor, I haven't had BLT and fries in a while and I think I deserve to treat myself to something like this." (Y/N) said and took a bite of her BLT burger and had some fries.