Chapter 5: On The Run

Hank, (Y/N) and Connor drove to Ravendale district and the car ride was silent, so silent to the point you could cut it easily with a knife or you could even hear a pin drop. Once they got to Ravendale district, they got out of the car and Ben came up to them.

"We've got officers sweeping the neighborhood, in case anybody saw anything." Ben said and one of the officers, Chris, came up to them. "I just talked to one of the workers at the gas station store and he said 'A woman and a little girl were there and they stole money from him.' " "Did he say which way they went?" (Y/N) asked him and she shook his head. "No, he went to go after them but once he got outside, they were gone." "How much did they steal?" "They stole about $40." Chris said and Hank nodded. "Thanks for the tip." Hank said and Chris nodded and walked away.

"It took the first bus that came along.... and stayed at the end of the line. It's decision wasn't planned, it was driven by fear." Connor said and Hank scoffed. "Androids don't feel fear." "Deviants do." Connor said and then continued explaining. "They get overwhelmed by their emotions and make irrational decisions." "Just like how humans make irrational choices when they're afraid." (Y/N) said and Connor nodded. "Ah well, that doesn't tell us where it went." Connor thought it over and said "It didn't have a plan, and it had nowhere to go. Maybe it didn't go far." Connor suggested and Hank nodded. "Maybe..."

Connor looked at the motel behind them and saw the sign that read '$40 per night and no Androids'. "Lieutenant, (Y/N), I think I have an idea of where they went." "Well, show us the way, Pretty Boy." (Y/N) said and Connor nodded and lead them into the motel check in desk.

Hank, (Y/N) and Connor walked up to the man behind the counter and introduced themselves. "Lieutenant Anderson, we're with the police. We're looking for a female Android that robbed a store down the road. Did you see anything?" "An Android? No, I don't take Androids here." Said the man and Connor pulled up a digital picture of the female Android, Kara, on his hand.

"Did you see anyone that looks like this?" Connor asked him. "Fuck, I knew there was something weird about her... She came in last night. She was dressed normal, you know? There was no way to tell." The man said. "Is she still here?" asked (Y/N) "Yeah, probably. Room 028." The man said, point at the room on the second floor and through the window. "Thank you." Both (Y/N) and Hank said and the three of them left the check in desk.

Hank looked at Connor and said "You wait in the car." "Dad, I think it's best if he comes with us." "She's right, I should come with you two. It'll be safer wit-" Connor was interrupted by Hank stepping forward and saying "Listen I'm tired of you talking back at me. It's one thing when my daughter does it, but you? You're a machine, so shut the fuck up and do as I say." (Y/N) puts a hand on her Dad's chest and makes him take a few steps back.

"Dad, just stop. He's just trying to help us solve this case and we need all the help we can get." "Certainly not from this plastic asshole." Connor looked at him and said "All I want is to accomplish my mission. I'm sorry if that upsets you." "You want to see the end of your mission? Then stop busting my fuckin' balls."

{Hank: 🔻}

Hank walks away as Connor watched and (Y/N) looks at him. "Hey, it's not your fault. He's just not used to having an Android be so close to him and trying to help him adjust. Trust me, he'll warm up to you soon. Just don't judge him on his drinking and eating habits, he has his own reasons." (Y/N) said and then followed her Dad and then Connor followed them up to room 028.

Hank pulled his gun out and looked at (Y/N) with her gun out and ready and Connor was behind her. Hank looked at Connor and silently told him to stay quiet. Hank opened the door and they walked in and searched the room, but no one was there. "They're gone..." Hank said and Connor tried to think of where the Deviant and the child could have gone. His thoughts were interrupted by Chris yelling "Lieutenant, Detective, the Deviant and the child have been spotted. Connor didn't waste any time and ran out of the room and towards Chris.