chapter 8: arc 2

With a loud thud and leaving behind an enormous crater on the earth, the chimpanzee made its landing. The youngster beneath it was continuously stomped by the monster, simply because it did not like how the child's spiritual power was obvious and unchecked.

As if it seek a challenge.

The ape growled, rose up on its hind legs, and beat its chest like a drum to signal victory. Then, just like that, the chimpanzee monster froze, its eyes widening slowly in fear. It was unable to withstand the incredibly intense and weighty spiritual energy behind it.

Brahms stood behind the monster, a Cheshire grin spread across his lips like a known expression, his sharp fangs glinting in the sun. He laughed viciously, his palm covering his mouth.

"It has been a while."

At the deep, evil voice, the chimpanzee monster wanted to run as fast as it could and hide, but it refused to—it had pride and ego. The chimpanzee turned towards him, snarled, and pounced.

The kid lifted his arm, index finger pointed at the fast-approaching monster, then said, "Bang!"

The monster's head and upper body exploded, blood splattering like a fountain. Only half of its body remained, frozen midway from running before falling unconscious, heavily, to the ground.

A tiny ball glinted at him on the floor; it was the monster's core from its head. Brahms picked it up, then swallowed it like a pill.

                      _____________________

"Do not give me orders. I don't work under that shitty orgy-sentimental-something!" he barked into his earpiece, where an annoying voice was commanding him as if he were an obedient dog.

"This is an emergency! Any seconds wasted can cost an innocent life."  the voice barked back, patience thinning. He groaned, blowing on his newly manicured fingers.

"Fuck you!"

"Tsk! Altair!" the voice in the earpiece growled. Altair rolled his eyes in response. "Innocent people's lives are at  stake!"

"Everyone loves a steak. Personally, I love beef steak--"

"Can you take something seriously just once, please?!" the person on the other end groaned in exasperation. Altair sighed deeply. What could he do? They couldn't function without him.

"Shut up, oldie! Tsk. Fine, I'll deal with that walking trash." He ended the call before the person could respond or utter a word. Altair grabbed his earpiece out of spite and crushed it like a piece of chalk.

He refuses to be barked around; if they want his assistance, he'll do things his own way.

Altair arrived at Hap-e Village, a journey that took less than ten minutes due to his quick vacation in Sweden. He clicked his tongue in annoyance. So much for a vacation!

The neighborhood was particularly cute, with cottage houses nestled close together, reminiscent of a dwarf's humble abode. It was a small but peaceful neighborhood, so Altair furrowed his brows in confusion when the address they provided led him here.

Altair clapped his hands, and a transparent veil blanketed the whole village like a cage. A precaution, just in case everything would go south, and he had to destroy the whole village to eliminate the trash.

Altair did not bother knocking and barged in, kicking the door off its hinges. He stood in the doorway, palm gripping his scythe that rested on his shoulder, while the other palm rested on his hip.

Letting his senses linger through the area, Altair clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Where the hell is that bitch?"

He sensed two people inside the house: one unresponsive, while the other was running. Before woman in her mid-30s stood at the other doorway, which Altair had guessed led to their backyard.