Time skip to 7:30pm

Y/N wasn't exactly sure of what to wear, it was her first ever concert. She was also worried that she'd stick out like a sore thumb, being surrounded by emos and grunge rockers like Rodrick whilst being a straight A student, who dressed relatively modest, due to never wanting to get in trouble. Tonight, Y/N was willing to get into the spirit and had went thrifting earlier with her friends, leaving behind her good girl reputation. She wore her white lace dress layered a red flannelled blouse, which was far too big for her due to finding it in the male section. Her make-up resembled Courtney Love with a smoky eye and bright red lipstick. She slipped out the front door so her parents couldn't see her new look, and sat patiently on the curb, waiting for Rodrick as she tied up her leather ankle boots.

Eventually, a white van drove up to her, Rodrick's head popping out of the rolled down window to get a proper look at Y/N. His eyes showed off how impressed he was. "Well, I'd never thought I'd see you like this Y/N," Rodrick calls out, even sneaking in a quick wink at her. "Oh, well, You know, I thought it would make sense," She said, sounding her usual logical way, as she shyly fiddled with the bandage on her burnt hand. Rodrick just laughed at her, before getting out of the driver's seat. "Come sit in the front with me and Chris, I'm sure you don't want to be crushed by our equipment," Rodrick teases, keeping the door open for Y/N to go in. "Uh okay, sure," Y/N responds before climbing into the van, bemused by the name sprayed onto the side. Rodrick soon follows and gets back into his seat, speedily driving off to the venue of his gig, making the poor girl feel nauseous. Y/N noticed just how different Rodrick and his bandmates were from her own friends, after all, it was like night and day. Her friends were rather reserved, and always had long study sessions on the school field. They'd go shopping for fun, and volunteer at school events or clubs, but these boys were not like that at all. They blasted music Y/N had never even heard of, and yet still tried to yell over the music. They also smelled pretty bad too, like grease and unwashed clothes that were trapped in a dog pound for weeks on end. "So, Y/N, we're almost there, just sit tight and let us blow your socks off with our pure awesomeness!" Rodrick called out as he looked over at her with a proud grin, with the band members cheering along. Y/N just nodded back at him shyly, which earned another one of Rodrick's signature laughs, muttering to himself, "You're so cute," as he turns the van sharply around a corner, a loud crash following as everything leans to the left. Y/N ends up sandwiched on top of Rodrick as the other members in the back begin yelling, squashed by the multiple instruments they stored.

Rodrick takes advantage of his terribly reckless driving and wraps his arm around Y/N's shoulders as he steers with one hand. "I've already hurt you once, I won't let it happen again, you're safe with me," He whispers into her ear as he pulls her in closer, rubbing her shoulder. Her cheeks instantly heat up as her eyes grow wide. She was totally freaking out. She'd never done anything like this before and felt her heart race it's fastest. "Alright, just keep your eyes on the road," Y/N told him, which he decided not to heed her warning. "I do this all the time, don't worry," He replies charismatically, giving her a mischievous smirk as he continued his route; crashing into a mailbox. All her senses began tensing up, the feel of Rodrick's firm and steady grip distracting her from all the noise and heavy bumps of the wheels. Suddenly, the Van came to a harsh halt, causing everyone to lunge forward, though Y/N stayed close to Rodrick's body, clenching hard onto his torso when she felt herself begin to fall forward.

"We're here everyone!" He calls out proudly, switching off the blaring loud rock music, Y/N jumping away from Rodrick's chest, which caught the attention of the bandmates, snickering at the sight. He rolled his eyes in response; Y/N staying quiet.

FOR ANYONE CURIOUS!! This is how Courtney Love looks btw if that helps 💕