Chapter One

Three weeks. Its been three weeks since Estella, Zuko and Iroh have been on land, and as soon as they got on land Iroh happens to be getting a message on the little village they stumbled upon. Estella and Zuko were in a bad mood together as they sat on the ground cross legged.

"This is what I've been missing. Who knew floating on a piece of driftwood for three weeks with no food or water, and sea vultures waiting to pluck out your liver could make one so tense?" Iroh says sitting up noticing the two love birds clearly in a bad mood. "I see. It's the anniversary, isn't it?" Iroh asks sitting in front of the two now.

"Three years ago today, I was banished and even though she didn't have to, Estella got banished along with me. I lost it all. I want it back. I want the Avatar, I want my honor, my throne. I want to marry my fiancé. I want my father not to think I'm worthless," Zuko says looking down as Estella placed her hand in his hand.

"Zuko.... Your father doesn't think that way," She softly says as his shoulders slump.

"Then why are we not at the palace? Why are we out here in some village?" He asks her causing her to sigh.

"Honey maybe things are better this way, I mean we do still have each other," Estella says causing him to slightly smile.

"Your right, we do have each other," Zuko says as her head leans on her shoulder.

"I'm sure he doesn't. Why would he banish you if he didn't care?" Uncle Iroh spoke up as Estella gasped.

"Iroh!" She said as Zuko gets up and walks away from them.

"That came out wrong didn't it?" He asked as Estella rolled her eyes and walked off after Zuko.

"Zuzu!" She calls as she catches up to him and wraps her arms around his waist. "Iroh didn't mean it, sometimes he says things that comes out the wrong way.... He didn't mean to hurt your feelings, he loves you like his own son you know,"

"Let's run away together," Zuko suddenly suggests as he turned around causing Estella to drop her arms around his waist.

"Hold on.... What?" She asks shock filled her voice.

"I mean, its not a bad thing right? You said it yourself you and I have each other, and plus we can run our own kingdom without worrying about the fire nation or my dad, we'll be so busy with kids we won't have time to even think about wars, we can live peacefully on our own,"

"Zuzu, what about Uncle Iroh?"

"Who needs him, he's just holding us back,"

"Zuzu, how can you say that? That man has been there for us since the beginning, much like myself Uncle Iroh didn't have to be banished either, we both chose to come along with you, Iroh thinks of you as his own son who he lost, and I love you for who you are and what you've become, running away won't solve anything but worry and more lives being lost, we face this together Zuzu, like always," Estella says placing her hands on his face as he sighs before lightly kissing the inside of her palms.

"I love you Estella, how did you become so perfect?" He asks causing her to giggle.

"Well, I'm not sure about perfect,"

"Hush, you are perfect to me," Zuko says before stealing a kiss on her lips.

"Come on, lets head back," He says pulling away as he grabbed her hand and pulled her back to Iroh.

**********

It was later in the evening when Zuko, Estella and Iroh found a place of stay, the room was dark inside. Several various shells fall from a bag onto the table. Iroh is standing at the table, picking up and examining the different shells.

"Look at these magnificent shells!" Iroh says as he Picks up a conch. "I'll enjoy these keepsakes for years to come,"

"We don't need any more useless things! You forget, we have to carry everything ourselves now!" Zuko bellows having Estella place her hands on his chest.

"Hey, calm down now Zuzu, no need to get worked up let Uncle Iroh have his fun,"

"But-"

"Zuzu, look at me," She says placing a hand on his cheek as his expression went from anger to soft.

"Its okay, we just gonna take a couple it'll be fine,"

"awww look at that," the familiar voice of Azula says as Zuko immediatley turns to face her as he pushes Estella behind him. She was sitting at the table in the corner as she begins to get up and walk over to them. "Hello brother, Uncle, and my new sister in law Estella,"

"What are you doing here? And how do you know about Estella and I?" He asks as Azula holds up a shell in her hand.

"In my country, we exchange a pleasant hello before asking questions. Have you become uncivilized so soon, Zuzu?"

"DONT CALL ME THAT!" He yells out visibly upset.

"Oh, but didn't I just hear Estella call you Zuzu multiple times?"

"She's different!"

"Why is that? She's not even family,"

Zuko was angry as his fists turned into fire, but one touch from Estella as she grabbed onto his arm made the flames go away.

"To what do we owe this honor?" Uncle Iroh steps in walking in front of the kids.

"Hmmm ... must be a family trait. Both of you so quick to get to the point," Azula says as she breaks the shell she was holding with her fingertips, leaving Iroh angry. "I've come with a message from home. Father's changed his mind. Family is suddenly very important to him. He's heard rumors of plans to overthrow him; treacherous plots. Family are the only ones you can really trust. Father regrets your banishment. He wants you home," She finishes as it was silent between the three. "Did you hear me? You should be happy. Excited. Grateful. I just gave you great news,"

This time Estella stepped up from behind Iroh and Zuko as she stood in front of Azula.

"I'm sure Zuzu simply needs a moment to-"

"DONT CALL HIM THAT!" Azula yelled in her face as her eyes widened. "Your not even family so you don't have a right to call him Zuzu, you also don't even have the right to be with him, or did you forget about your sister Mai? She saw him first and when you return home that's when she'll take him from you," She smirks seeing the shocked expression on her face.