one

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊✧

Minho wasn't expecting his first day at the new school to be easy. 

But still, he was surprised when his first interaction with one of the students led to him staggering into a locker, his shoulder hitting metal with enough force to leave a stinging pain.

Minho was only just able to keep himself standing - he'd been completely caught off guard, and found himself forgetting where he was as he turned with a snarl on the person who had sauntered past. It took steel nerve not to hit him.

"Oh?" sneered the boy. "You must be fresh meat, huh?"

The boy had turned to watch Minho's reaction, and his face had sparked in interest at the fact that Minho had even reacted

"Must be," chimed in another boy from behind Minho. "Who else would dare to fight back against a prefect, hmm?"

Minho turned, his eyes drawn to the badges sparkling on the blazers that both boys wore. He cursed internally; prefects. Shit. Way to rock the boat, idiot. 

The boys were still observing him as though intrigued by what would come next. One tall and skinny, one shorter and broader, both the image of perfect students. Aside, of course, from the murderous gaze they both had fixed on Minho. 

"Sorry." Minho muttered an apology. "I'll pay more attention next time."

It was busy in the corridor, most of the other students heading in droves towards the lunch hall - the same place Minho was trying to find before being so rudely interrupted.

He'd tried to step past the two boys, eager to put this behind him. But before he could, the boys had laughed, and the one who had pushed Minho initially did so again. Harder this time. Minho's back hit cold metal and even as his knuckles flexed, his inner monologue begged him to try and keep his cool.

"Changbin, do you think we should let the newbie off that easily?" the taller boy asked with a mocking tone. The shorter, Changbin, shook his head dramatically.

"No, Seungmin, I don't. What if he thinks he can get away with disrespecting his superiors again? We can't let that happen." As he spoke, Changbin had moved menacingly in towards Minho.

A sickening dread was rising in Minho's throat. He wished it was out of fear, that he could just let himself be scared into submission and move along. Instead - something more violent. He'd promised his mum he'd keep his head down, but he had never gotten along with rich kids. Just his luck; this new school was packed full of them.

His saving grace came in the guise of the crowds around them parting. Hushed breaths, scattered whispers, as a boy moved with ease through the path that had been cleared for him. 

Minho had his eyes glued to the floor. Probably for the best, really, as otherwise he wouldn't have been able to look anywhere else except at him. No one else seemed able to look away from him, either. He was angelic, something biblical, the sort of innocent beauty that made you think the world had been written for him, rather than the other way round. 

Until he spoke; that's when people tended to realise that in fact, the world had not been written for Han Jisung. He had been written for the world - more specifically, to ruin it. 

"Haven't I told you boys not to play with your food?" Jisung hadn't even stopped moving, just called the question over his shoulder. He knew everyone would be listening. "You can 'educate' the new freak later."

Changbin and Seungmin shot Minho one last leering gaze, who was still yet to look up. Seungmin took the liberty of slamming his hand one last time into the locker right beside Minho's face. He'd intended to make the boy jump, and had to push down disappointment when Minho didn't even blink.

With that, they'd headed off after Jisung, the crowds of students swallowing them once again as the three moved off towards the lunch hall. A few students glared at Minho as they past. He kept his head down, one hand with the knuckles still clenched in a fist hidden behind his back. 

Great first impression, he muttered to himself.

A presence hovering beside him caused Minho to pause, glance up, gaze with emotionless eyes at the boy who had stopped against the tide of hungry kids. Expecting another attack, Minho leaned back against the lockers. Go on, this new stance seemed to say. Get it over with.

But the boy offered Minho something he'd not encountered yet in this new school. A small smile, eyes flitting anxiously beforehand to check no one was watching. 

"I know you, right?" The boy seemed unsure but his eyes lingered on Minho's.

Minho frowned. Did he? He pondered for a minute over narrow eyes pulled out at the corners like a cat, straight eyebrows set in what seemed to permanent worry. Replaced dark brown hair with slicked-back pink streaks that he remembered, glanced at earlobes now free of earrings. 

"Hyunjin?" Minho asked, pitched with surprise. "Hwang Hyunjin? Jesus, what the fuck happened to you?"

Hyunjin's face drew into a smile that barely lasted a second before his eyes resumed their routine of shifting quickly from side to side. It seemed he was constantly checking to see who was around, who could be listening.

"Same thing that I'm guessing happened to you. You look... different."

With a grumble, Minho swiped his now relaxed hand through the nest of brown hair that his mum had made him dye back to it's natural colour. He missed his purple hair, his jewellery, his makeup, but was reluctant to make himself a target. Seems that neither the hair dye nor the accessories really mattered, though, as he still seemed to stick out like a sore thumb. 

"Coming for food?" Hyunjin asked, beckoning for Minho to follow him. 

A frown creased Minho's face - Hyunjin was moving away from the lunch hall. 

Hyunjin laughed, short, barely loud enough for Minho to hear. "We don't eat in there. Not the poor kids, not if we know what's good for us."

There was a pause as Hyunjin continued walking where Minho wasn't sure if he wanted to follow him. Did he really want to associate himself with the 'poor kids', make himself even more vulnerable?

But his mother's words rang in his head: try to make friends, aegi. it'll be easier if you find friends.

And so he took a few quick strides, tried to match Hyunjin's. Followed an old friend down a new corridor.

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊✧

havent written anything where han jisung is mean~~~ before so pls lemme know ur thoughts o.o