As for why it didn't work out, Shen Tang had no idea.

Everyone ate and chatted very merrily.

Suddenly, Huo Yingying asked, "Sister Shen Tang, Mr. Gu treats you so well."

Shen Tang: "?"

"Huh?"

As Huo Yingying counted off on her fingers, she said, "You see, Ao Ziping's father hasn't even arrived but Mr. Gu came so quickly. That shows how worried he was about you."

Ao Ziping: "......"

"Also, I noticed he kept glancing over to check your pace as your group walked."

"He really is quite good to you."

In her mind, Shen Tang marveled that she really lives up to being the female lead. So outstanding in every aspect. Even to a contracted wife like herself, he treats her this well.

Luckily, she knew her place. The contract would be over in two years. She'd take the money and leave, definitely not stirring up trouble like in the book.

In the next room, Gu Huaian's expression was a little ugly.

On the video call, the person across from him spoke slower and slower, constantly reflecting whether he had said something wrong.

After ending the call, Gu Huaian coldly uttered two words: "Redo it."

On the contrary, the other party heaved a sigh of relief and eagerly hung up.

Gu Huaian massaged his brow, not understanding what had come over him or why he felt uncomfortable.

She was only stating facts, wasn't she?

After this, Shen Tang no longer thought about matters relating to him and had a swell time playing with her friends.

Loud laughter came from the outside while Gu Huaian sat quietly alone in the room next door. He blended right into the background devoid of any vigor.

Chapter 22

"Knock knock knock"

Gu Huaian pulled himself out of his thoughts, "Come in."

The door was pushed open a crack, Shen Tang stuck her head in, "Mr. Gu, are you busy right now?"

Gu Huaian looked at her steadily, staring at Shen Tang until she became nervous.

"Do you need something?"

"They want to thank you in person, I don't know if it's convenient."

A inexplainable feeling of disappointment surged up in Gu Huaian's heart, "No need, I only saved them incidentally."

Shen Tang was stunned for a moment.

Saving them was incidental, so saving her was on purpose? Her heart suddenly became somewhat chaotic. This handsome guy was saying these ambiguous things in front of her, it was hard not to get the wrong idea.

She opened her mouth, and made a small "oh" sound.

Seeing her flustered appearance, Gu Huaian's mood improved somewhat.

As for those people thanking him, he really didn't think it was necessary.

The boat soon arrived at the dock, and as soon as the few people got off the boat, they saw the crying director and the paparazzi braving the wind and rain.

The flashes went off one after another, even making Shen Tang freeze for a moment.

Do they have to try so hard...