Mattheo chuckled softly, leaning back in his chair with a smug expression. "I have no doubt about that," he replied, his eyes never leaving mine.

As Mattheo and I exchanged glares, the common room door swung open again, and in walked Draco Malfoy.

Malfoy strolled in confidently, his gray eyes scanned the room until they landed on Mattheo. With a flash of recognition, he approached us with a smirk.

"Well, well, well, look who's back," Malfoy spoke, as he looked Mattheo up and down.

"It's been a while, Draco. Missed me?" he teased.

Malfoy chuckled, tapping Mattheo on the shoulder. "Oh, you know I did." He replied.

Mattheo turned to me with a fake polite smile. "Y/n, would you mind giving us a moment? I have some catching up to do with Draco and Pansy."

I nodded, a bit relieved to have an excuse to leave the situation. "Sure thing," I replied, plastering a fake smile on my face. "I'll see you guys later."

"Are you sure? I can come with you." Pansy asked me.

"I'm really ok with this. You can talk with your old friends." I reassured her.

With that, I made my way out of the common room. It was so exhausting being around Mattheo and Malfoy, two of my enemies in one room. What a nightmare.

⋅───⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰───⋅

Draco's Perspective

After hearing the news that Mattheo, my old friend, is back, I went searching for him everywhere. The Great Hall, Dorms, and classrooms. I was roaming the hallways searching for him but stopped in my tracks when I heard a familiar voice and went to the Slytherin common room.

I walked in and looked around the room and spotted Mattheo, Pansy, and Y/n talking. I walked over to them to greet Mattheo.

"Well, well, well, look who's back," I greeted Mattheo.

"It's been a while, Draco. Missed me?" he replied.

"Oh, you know I did." I answered by tapping him gently on the shoulders.

Mattheo turned his head to Y/n and started speaking. "Y/n, would you mind giving us a moment? I have some catching up to do with Draco and Pansy."

"Sure thing," She replied, with a fake looking smile on her face. "I'll see you guys later." With that, she left the common room.

"What have you been up to?" Pansy asked curiously.

"Well, there was a reason. But I can't tell you guys." Mattheo explained. I wonder what the reason was. But I shouldn't ask again if he doesn't want to tell us.

"Anyways, are you guys close to Y/n? Can you tell me some information about her?" Mattheo asked.

Why is he asking this? He never asked us about someone before. I started to feel worried. Even though Y/n says she's tough, she can't beat Mattheo.

"Looks like someone has a crush." Pansy teased Mattheo but stopped immediately when Mattheo glared at her.

"I don't need information about her because I like her. If you guys don't tell me, I'm going to have to find out for myself." Mattheo spoke. I sensed something was up. If we didn't tell Mattheo what he wanted, it would be a big problem.

"Y/n Granger, is from the Granger family. Her sister is Hermione, and she is close with Harry Potter and Ron Weasly. She joined Hogwarts this year. When she was sorted into houses, she got sorted into all 4." Pansy told Mattheo about Y/n, she also sensed something was up.

I took a quick glance at Mattheo to see his reactions. He looked very interested.

Mattheo nodded thoughtfully, writing the information down. "Interesting," he murmured, his eyes narrowing as if he was planning something.

"Is there anything else you want to know?" Pansy asked, breaking the silence.

"Is there anything she fears?" Mattheo asked again.

"I'm not sure." Pansy replied as she looked away. I could catch a glimpse in her eyes. She knew something that she didn't tell Mattheo.

I exchanged a glance with Pansy, feeling a sense of unease settling in my stomach. There was something about Mattheo that seemed off, but I couldn't quite sense what it was.

"I'll be right back." Mattheo responded as he grabbed his stuff and left the common room.

I waited until Mattheo left completely and spoke to Pansy. "I think Mattheo is up to something."

"I could feel it too. I'll make sure Y/n is safe." Pansy replied as she also grabbed her books and headed back to her dorms.

Y/n, what have you done...