Chapter 4 - The Castle

Start from the beginning

He heard a woof and suddenly from behind him a footstool rushed out barking.

'That's our puppy, Sultan' informed him the candle holder.

'Umm... is everything in this castle alive?' asked Seungcheol.

'That's a long story, you know, there's this curse-' began talking the candelabra.

'Shut the fuck up, Soonyoung!! You've already done enough by bringing this guy inside, I can't even imagine what will happen if he finds out!' whined the clock.

'You're overreacting everything, Seungkwan!'

'I warned you-'

The candelabra suddenly held one of its candles towards the clock, threatening to burn him.

'And I warned you' he said in a low voice. The clock stayed quiet.

They entered the other room where there was a warm fireplace and several armchairs. They made Seungcheol sit down, the footstool-puppy supporting his injured leg. The coat hanger Seungcheol previously passed by now covered him with a warm blanket. Suddenly a tea trolley rolled next to them and stopped by Seungcheol.

'You must be freezing, here, have some nice warm tea!' spoke up the tea pot and without another word he poured some tea in the teacup on the trolley. Seungcheol accepted it and sipped the tea.

'Watch out not to burn your tongue' spoke up suddenly the teacup. Seungcheol almost spat the tea out when he realized that the cup was alive too.

'This is a weird place' he muttered and put the cup down. He looked at the vase on the table that had a bunch of roses in it and he remembered that Wonwoo asked for one. Maybe he can take one from here for his brother, seeing that he probably won't go to the fair anytime soon. He reached for the bouquet and picked a rose from the vase, taking a closer look at it. They were all beautiful white roses. Seungcheol wondered how they managed to stay so fresh. Must be magic... there are a lot of weird things in this castle...

'How did you end up here, Sir?' asked the teapot.

'I was chased by wolves... my horse left me in the middle of the forest' explained Seungcheol.

'Oh, no worries. You can stay the night here' said the candelabra - who he learnt was called Soonyoung - confidently. The mantel clock began arguing immediately.

'No, he can't!! What if Master finds out?!'

'Master this, Master that... honestly, just shut up, Kwan!' snapped Soonyoung.

Then all of a sudden the door to the room opened and cold air stormed inside, blowing out all of Soonyoung's candles, making everyone shiver. Well, only Seungcheol was human out of them, but it seemed like the items shivered too out of instinct.

'Master!!' screamed Seungkwan and hid behind the tea trolley. Seungcheol quickly stood up and turned around, his breath hitching when he saw this so-called Master.

He would've expected some scary lord or something like that, but the thing in the doorway didn't resemble to anything he had seen in his entire life. It wasn't even human. It was a beast. It was taller than him even though it was walking on all fours. It had dark brown fur all over its body, huge fangs and sharp teeth that could easily tear you apart, and two huge horns on its head. Its eyes were almost glowing yellow in the darkness of the room. Seungcheol had never seen such a terrifying thing before. He took a step backwards with wide eyes, subconsciously holding the rose so tightly that the thorns scratched his palms.

'There's a stranger in the castle' growled the beast in a deep voice. Seeing that all the items were alive in the house, Seungcheol wasn't even surprised by the fact that the beast could talk.

'Master, we can explain' began the candelabra immediately, relighting his candles. 'You see, this kind Sir got lost in the forest, chased by wolves and everything-'

'He was cold and alone' added the teapot quickly. They all stepped back once the beast went closer, until he stopped right in front of Seungcheol who was holding his breath in fear.

'You entered my castle without my permission' he said in a low voice. 'And you stole from me' he looked at the rose in Seungcheol's hand.

'I-I didn't mean to-' began Cheol, but the beast's roar cut him off.

'You entered my territory... therefore from now on you're my prisoner' he growled.

Then he grabbed the back of Seungcheol's cape and without another word he picked him up with ease, shoving him out of the room. Seungcheol screamed for help while the objects looked at the scene terrified.

The door slammed behind the two and the candelabra turned to the others.

'He is going to lock him up, right? Tell me he is just going to lock him up!' he said.

'Let's hope he doesn't kill him immediately' said the clock. The teapot sighed.

'Poor Mingyu-yah... he will never change.'

.

A/N: I actually rewatched the Beauty and the Beast movies for research purposes, and my sister told me that the clock reminded her of Seungkwan... And I was like ok, but if the clock is Seungkwan then the candelabra is definitely Hoshi :D

Hope you liked the chapter, see you next week! <3