Chapter 10: Casablanca Maritime Crisis

Начните с самого начала

On the drilling platform, oil rig workers hastily descend to lifeboats. Despite the approaching armored ship, the scene remains orderly. The manager speaks, "Each one of us, we are the last ones here, so try to escape and get out of here as soon as possible."

The riggers respond, "Everyone is on board; we're ready to move, sir." The manager nods, boarding the last lifeboat himself. Staying behind to regulate the evacuation is crucial; failure to do so may result in imprisonment for not fulfilling duty.

The lifeboat then begins to detach from the drilling platform. Designed to withstand the impact of the sea and the environment due to their elevated placement, these lifeboats offer better resilience and safety during evacuations. The sensation of the lifeboat dropping from a height into the sea excites those on board. One mechanic jokes, "This is more fun than the slides back in the day, isn't it?" eliciting laughter from the crew.

The lifeboat proceeds towards the Mohammed-class frigates. The drilling platform is now vacant, avoiding casualties.

Meanwhile, inside the command cabin of the Mithril, the crew sweats under the words of Captain Humes. "Quickly advance towards that damn floating base and wipe them out!"

The Radar officer reports, "Captain! There's an object approaching from the sky on the port side of the ship at a speed of 864 km/h!" Startled by the staggering speed, Humes exclaims, "Activate all anti-aircraft guns and open fire on that thing!" At this moment, Admiral Humes sweats and shudders at the Earth-shattering speed of what is known as a missile. For the first time, a sense of desperation surges within Humes, as if trying to escape from something.

All the Ixion anti-aircraft guns, twin-barreled 26 x 25 mm, start firing at the approaching threat. The rate of fire is fast, but it cannot compensate for the deadly accuracy. Despite Mirishial's awareness, they are indifferent, knowing that they have advanced air forces in the region to dominate the skies.

In this case, Mithril is alone, without the Elpacio support. The Radar officer reports, "The object is 5 km away from us! They... are too fast! We can't do anything... to intercept it!" The high-ranking officers realize the helpless situation, knowing they can't evade the incoming threat.

Looking at the approaching Harpoon, with binoculars, Humes exclaims, "What is that! It has no pilot, and why is it coming towards the ship?! This is absurd!" The Mithril panics in its attempt to intercept, but to no avail. The crew starts sweating. Then, the Harpoon approaches the ship's tail.

Boommmm!!

The explosion shakes the entire Mithril armored ship. Humes quickly grabs the radio, "Report the damage!" The crew in the stern responds, "D...Damage to the engine room! The ship's engine is destroyed, and we can no longer operate. We've lost the ability to move! No casualties." The Harpoon missile's explosion is too significant for them to repair, and the Mithril is officially crippled, rendering it incapable of harming Morocco's drilling platform. Humes hesitates, responding, "Block the water leaks! Don't let them flood all compartments inside the ship!"

On the side of the crew, "Understood, Admiral!" The rushing water forces the sailors to retreat deep into the ship. Brave crew members stay behind to block the water by closing doors. Currently, the Mithril has been temporarily rescued.

Admiral Humes grimaces as Mirishial's proud flagship faces humiliation like this for the first time. Faced with an unprecedented and overwhelming enemy, he remains determined to defend Mirishial's vast sea territory.

The division of sea regions in Elysia is quite unfair. Smaller nations are at a disadvantage without powerful navies like the superpowers or former superpowers worldwide. Maritime laws help strong entities expand their sovereignty annually. Currently, the Mirishial sea region extends to Rodenius, a time when Earthlings had yet to arrive. Times have changed, and Mirishial must comply with the United Nations or face sanctions. The people of Mirishial must adapt and accept a new global framework that is about to unfold.