He finished up his shots and then we caught a cab back to the hotel. We had been completely soaked due to the snowball fight but Pari looked really warm and comfortable in Shub's arms. As I sat there next to Shub, shivering a little despite the heater in the car, he wrapped an arm around me pulling me closer to his body. I was surprised for a second but then instantly found warmth and snuggled even closer to his body.

Shubman's pov

We reached the hotel and I saw the two sleeping beauties in my arm, with a content smile on my face. I was paying the driver when one of my sleeping beauties woke up and looked at me with big eyes.
"We reached baby." I said kissing her head.
As I opened the door, she got off from my lap and after we both got out of the cab, we turned around to look at a peacefully sleeping Ishan.
"Should we wake him up?"
"No, you should carry him dada."
I looked at her, well I couldn't say no to my princess.

I picked Ishan up bridal style and he stirred awake. He looked at me confused as I said,
"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up."
"Oh it's fine, you can put me down since I'm awake now."
"NO. Dada will carry baba."
Ishan and I looked at each other before I whispered.
"Just go back to sleep."
He didn't protest any further as he snuggled into my chest getting comfortable. We walked to our room with Pari walking alongside me gripping my pants, she even removed the key card from my pocket and unlocked the door.

I kept Ishan on the bed and said,
"We will let your baba rest for now."
"Baba can't sleep without cuddles, he always cuddles me while sleeping."
"So let's get to bed quickly and cuddle him."
"But what about dinner?"
"I'll feed you right now and I'll feed your baba when he wakes up, okay?"
"You promise?"
"Yes, I promise princess."
This little baby was so protective of her baba. She's grown up so well. She was so mature for a five year old.
After feeding Pari we both went to bed to accompany Ish and Pari asked me to sleep in the middle.

"But your baba always cuddles you."
"Yes, but before that, he used to cuddle you right? Plus I'm a big girl now."
As I slept in the middle I looked at Ish thinking about pulling him closer to me but I hesistated and before I could make a decision I felt him snuggling closer to me in his sleep. I just smiled holding him closer in my arm, while the other held Pari, falling asleep.
After a while when I woke up I saw Ishan already awake and staring at me. I didn't know how long he had been awake, but I didn't have the guts to ask either.

"Uhh- Pari suggested that I sleep in the middle, I'm sorry I didn't-"
"It's okay Shub." He just chuckled.
We stayed in the same position for a bit until he whispered,
"I'm hungry."
"Let's get you some food, or Pari will kill me."
Ishan turned to look at the time and seeing it was 11 pm he panicked,
"Pari-"
"I already fed her dinner, don't worry meri ja- ....uhh let's eat."
I detached myself from Pari who was clinging to me, but Ishan still hadn't moved from his position. I looked at him and we kept looking in each other's eyes for a whole minute before he blushed and got out of bed. I instantly pouted due to the lack of his warmth, but got up reminding myself that I had to feed him, oh and myself.

He freshened up a little while the food arrived as I set up the table. He came and sat next to me on the chair and I instantly broke off a piece of chapati and held it close to his mouth. He looked at me surprised as I just said,
"I promised Pari that I would feed you."
He just accepted it and then I turned his chair towards me pulling it closer to my chair. As I fed him, he looked extremely tired and kept closing his eyes. He had stopped chewing, his eyes closed and he looked like he had almost fallen asleep. I tried to wake him up without startling him, I whispered his name a couple times but when he still didn't open his eyes and just grumbled something under his breath, I had an intrusive thought. Before I could stop myself I had pecked him on the lips. He opened his eyes looking absolutely startled, which is what I had been trying to avoid in the first place. Uh-oh mission failed. (successfully)

"Uhh...I'm- I'm sorry I- I..."
He suddenly got up from his chair. Oh shit I fucked up. Oh no he's gonna hate me now. I was tearing up now fearing the worst and he noticed the fear as he came and sat on my lap.
"Hey it's ok baby, I'm not mad."
"Really?"
"Yes, really idiot." He said chuckling a little. We stayed in that position for a bit and I started feeding him again, this time smiling a little and he started falling asleep again.
"How long have you not slept properly for meri- uh Ishan?"
"It's been about a year."

I had started to tear up again,
"I'm so sorry meri-"
I had stopped myself from finishing the sentence. He looked at me for a while.
"Say it."
"Meri jaan."
At that he just kissed me. As I kissed him back, everything finally felt right. I could finally feel the world falling into it's place, as his lips collided with mine. I was finally at peace. I was exactly where I had always wished to be. I was at home, with my jaan in my arms and our little princess safe and soundly asleep on the bed.
(ironic since they're not at home lmao)

The End.

________________________________________

I initially hadn't planned on writing this, but then I asked yall and I just decided to write it.

Also idk if it's because people don't read my ramblings but if you're reading this give me tips to improve, kuch criticize kar hi do aaj toh, gotta know my weaknesses, to overcome them.