Innocence of A Child - Chapter 3

Speer signed off the remaining papers. His room was lonely, cold. He sat on this same chair for what? 13 years by now? 13 years... Speer was 21 when he was assigned in the Reichstag. He was 34 now. Just yesterday, he remembers when he was young. If Speer were to have his entire life flash before his eyes. It would at least take a minute for it to finish. Speer closed his eyes. Remembered when he was a young fellow. Just a normal German.

His father's name was Fredrich. His father worked in the German empire as a Architect. Right before the second world war, Speer was born. He remembered so many stories, about war heroes of Prussia, the Hohenzollerns. And when that peace treaty was signed, none of that matter. Speer saw his homeland become ravaged and torn by war. He wanted this to never happen again. He went to University to study Architecture, although the Weimar Education was good...He never really saw the government even try to help Germany. He felt bitter. But he continued studying Architecture. Soon enough, he heard of...a Beer hall Putsch? A man by the name of Reich was the leadsman of it. He didn't particularly care at the time...But little did he know that this same man will shape and change his life forever. The NSDAP took power, Speer although, seeing the harassment the non-aryans received. Didn't really care much for it...That was until Reich's offer. Reich saw Speer's potential. Reich wanted Speer to work in the Reich. Speer...did not have. Most didn't care for Architecture. But seeing how fascinated Reich was with his work. He felt proud. His own country's leader admiring his work felt...good. He did eventually accept Reich's offer. He remembered the firey language Reich used. The almost hypnotizing speeches. And the masses of roaring afterwards. He was impressed after all. Reich's swift management with Anschluss, and the Sudetenland crisis. When he permanently moved to live in Berlin, he met some of his..."Friends". Göring, Bormann, Heydrich and Burgundy.  Göring was the head of the Luftwaffe, nothing special. He liked him the most. Heydrich was the Governor for Bohem-Mahren. And Burgundy...where would Speer even begin. Burgundy was a man that could be described with a single word: Insanity. He agreed with Reich and such. But he dialed up the idea of Nazism. He believed that this world should be purged of all Non-Aryans. His rambling always made the group feel awkward. And even Reich himself was concerned.

And finally there's Bormann, Where would Speer even begin? Bormann was a narcisstic, slothful, Glutton. Always talking and praising Reich. Which in itself would be fine. But that fat bastard always criticized Speer's views. His whole talk about Conservatism and such. Reich himself was a Conservatist. But Bormann just had to butt in everything Speer said. The only thing keeping them "Friends" was Reich. If Reich wasn't there, there would be no friend group. There was Goebbels...but... He's no longer alive so there's no point in talking about him. Speer was fine, doing minor building projects and managing finances. But then...Reich tried to take Poland. And the Second war was initiated. Speer was afraid, was all his work for nothing. Will war ravage his work...But before he could even think that. Paris had fallen, and the the RAF was annihilated. That was a...Surprisingly easy victory. Minimum damage was done, and the humiliation from Versailies was undone. Operation Sealion was commenced. Britain submitted, and France escaped to Ivory Coast. With the war now only on the east, and the USSR's soldiers being malnourished. The Reich crushed them. Everything west of the Leningrad was taken and anarchy consumed the east. With this, Speer proposed his biggest project yet. Germania, the complete overhaul of Berlin. To make it the center of the entire world. And thus it was approved.

...

And There he was, standing in the same Germania he helped build. He had build this city from the ground. Without him, the Reichstag. Heck, most of Berlin would remain just as a another capital. But no, Germania wasn't just a capital. It was the center of the world. At least in Speer's eyes. He always wondered what his father would think if he saw him today. The builder of the World's greatest. And soon to be Führer. Speer sighed, as he both reminisced and signed off the last paper. He got up, stretching his back. He swears to god his back is gonna fall off one day. Speer lays the papers aside. And turns the lights off, It's Midnight again. For gods sake. Speer really didn't know if he had the energy to go home... No bar would be open at this hour. The only thing that he would find is coffee. And he really didn't need that at this hour. Speer just sighed. He looked at the exit door, and outside, there she was. Vichy. Meeting her had become regular at this point. At they both left in extremely late hours. They'd usually just talk to each other for 10 or so minutes and leave. "Gute Nacht Vichy!" Vichy turned around. "Ah, nice to see you Speer!" Vichy smiled back. "Good to see you too." These conversations alway made Speer's nights a little better after working away his life. "Mhm, what happened? Why do you look extra tired today?" She was right. Speer was more tired than ever. "...You see, that fucking bastard Dannenland just can't shut up and give me less work. So i have to do work til' midnight. Not to mention, Bormann also giving me extra work. Which really fucking pisses me off." Speer continued his rant against RK danneland, and Bormann. Vichy's smile was disappeared, jeez...dude must have dad a rough day. That was her first thought. She didn't even listen to the ranting, she just stared at him, unamused. "And then RK UKRAINE COMES IN MY OFFICE, COMPLAINING ABOUT THE INFRASTRUCTURE. You getting me here?" Speer asked. "Wow, that's crazy." Vichy said, in reality she didn't listen to a single word Speer said.