𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔫𝔫𝔲𝔞𝔩 ℭ𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔞𝔤𝔥𝔞𝔫 ℌ𝔬𝔩𝔦𝔡𝔞𝔶 𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔶

Start from the beginning

    Sol and the boys take a seat on the coach. "Where's the party going to be?"

    Jasper rubbed his head. "Mostly the main floor, maybe the basement too, depending on how much people my parents invited."

    Jasper showed his friends around the main floor and basement area before all the guests arrive. His whole house was grand and elegant. He has a home gym, sauna, personal library, movie theater, and a private elevator to get from the basement all the way to the third floor.

    After the trio walk back up from the basement, the guests were pouring in. The ages ranged from from late-twenties to probably eighties or nineties. Sol hasn't seen a single varsity player show up yet.

    "Do you play piano?" An old lady wearing a cherry read pencil dress and a matching hat asked Sol.

    "Excuse me?" Sol asked back.

    The lady pointed to Sol's hands. "Your fingers, my dear. They are good for piano."

    Sol looked down to her hands. "Yeah, I, uh, I took lessons when I was younger."

    "You play piano!?" Sebas looked at his best friend in awe. "I play piano!"

    Jasper grinned. "I do have a piano you know." He let that linger in the air.

    "You guys should do a duet!" The old lady gasped. Sol and Sebas looked to each other before giving in. "I'll gather a crowd." The lady shuffled away before anyone could protest.

    Sol laughed and looked to Sebas. "Ready to duet, twiggy?"

    Sebas laughed back. "Let's go."

⋆ ★

    Jasper pulled out the first duet Christmas song he saw.

    That song just so happened to be The 12 Days of Christmas. Sol and Sebas got situated, Sol was going to be #1, Sebas was #2. After both of them played the scale to make sure they were in tune, neither one of them had noticed the growing crowd the old lady put together.

    Sol counts them off and began to play, Sebas following. Sol was humming the song as she played. Her right hand playing half the notes, Sebas playing the other. She quickly glanced to Jasper, who was now apart of the watching crowd.

    That's when she saw them.

    Varsity showed up and was watching her and Sebas from afar. She looked back to the sheet music and continued to play, trying to ignore the stares of them. Sol could sense them and tried to not show she was uncomfortable.

    Sebas and herself go into the last part of the song. They finish it and Sebas dragged out his note. They turned to the crowd and they applauded, giving the duo smiles.

    Sol and Sebas smiled to each other, got up from the bench, want hand in hand, and bowed, laughing as they did so. Sebas side hugged Sol as a man with greying black hair walked up to them.

    "That was a good song." He complimented the duo. "Friends of Jasper's I presume?"

    Sebas swung his arm over Sol and Jasper came over. "Yeah, dad. They're my friends." Jasper looked up to his dad.

    "Your friends are good pianists." Mr. Callaghan complimented once more before walking off. Jasper turned back to his friends.

    "On a serious note, that was crazy good!" Jasper bumped their shoulders. "Teach me to play it?" He joked with them and they all took a laugh.

    Slow clapping could be heard behind Sol and Sebas. They turned around and were face-to-face with Kevin and the rest of varsity. "Great show you put on, sis." He gave a cold smile. Kevin was wearing a sleek shiny black suit.