Chapter 26

I walk through all the rows of old seats, trying to find a decent spot I can lie down and hide between, but I get in my own head about all the spiders and dust I'll be covered in that I decide to go against it.

When I get back to the ground to go somewhere else, my eyes move to the room at the very back of the chairs, the projector room? I think. "Now that I could hide in." I say to myself out loud, before walking up the stairs to the very back.

The door of the room is closed, so I try to open it slowly, the old wood creaking slightly. "What are you doing?" A voice says in the corner of the small room.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't know you were in here." I say, Dylan's eyes on me.

"I wanted to hide alone." He says, looking away from me and towards the wall in front.

"I know, I didn't know you were in here." I say, closing the door behind me. Despite him not wanting me here, I still need a hiding spot.

"Then go somewhere else." He spits, his arms wrapped around his knees.

"There isn't anywhere else." I swallow before going and sitting in front of him. What is his problem?

"Whatever" He rolls his eyes.

"What's your problem?" I ask, but he doesn't look at me.

"Nothing, forget it."

"Tell me." I demand, folding my arms around my legs.

"Why? What's the fucking point?" He finally looks at me, his eyes dark and intimidating as they stare into mine.

"Because I want to know what I did to make you-" I stop myself. My mind trying to remember when he started being weird with me all of sudden, and I'm reminded of when we were outside, and I said he didn't have a job, "It's about what I said outside, isn't it?" I ask even though I know the answer.

He doesn't say anything, he just looks away and swallows. "I didn't mean it. It was like a word vomit, I just said it without thought." I add, but he just shakes his head, ignoring my words. "Dylan" I try to say as softly as possible. I need him to know that I didn't mean it.

"I know you didn't." He sighs before looking back at me, "That's not what pissed me off." He adds, and I'm surprised. I don't know what else I've done.

"So...what is it then?" I ask, my voice hesitant for the answer.

"Lewis likes you" He looks down, his voice normal, but the question itself making him sound like a sad child.

"I know" I swallow the lump at the back of my throat, my eyes trying to search his but he keeps them on the ground. I don't know why that would piss him off.

"Do you like him?" He asks, finally looking up at me.

"I don't know" I shrug. I don't know where he's going with this? Or what Lewis has to do with anything.

"I seen the way he looked at you when I came through, and the way you looked at him when we were on stage." He admits, picking at his finger nails but I still don't get why that would piss him off.

"What? When I waved? He waved first and I was just being polite"

"Being polite my ass" He almost laughs, "I saw youse both looking at each other when Libby called out our partners too, I could tell you wanted to be with him" He adds, his eyes still on me.

I almost scoff. Why would me and Lewis looking at each other piss him off? What does it even matter to him anyway? "He looked at me and I looked back, okay? Why are you so bothered by that?" I try to keep my voice to a minimum, but he's really starting to piss me off, "Is that why you wanted to be alone? Because you thought I wanted to be with Lewis?" I ask, the dots finally connecting.