Chapter One: Boulder Station

Gene Wagner POV

"He should've been here by now..." I mutter to myself, taking an aggravated handful from the bag of sour gummy worms I've been nursing for the past twenty minutes. I take another look around the area, leaning against the gas pumps. I look across the street where the vast Arizona desert lay spread out before me. I roll my eyes and scoff to myself. He's not behind a cactus Gene.

As I'm removing another gummy from the bag I hear a crack emanate from the other side of the gas pump. I take a sharp inhale. It couldn't be a soldier could it? The front lines were far away from here.

My breath rises and falls irregularly and I clench my fists, ready to fight my way out of something. Suddenly I feel two arms wrap around my shoulders and a familiar chuckle resonate. He tucks his head into the nook of my neck and I turn my head the other way with a frown. He stops laughing. "I'm sorry. Cinder kept me down for restocks."

He nuzzles his face into my neck, planting gentle kisses with his thick pink lips. I still don't face him, but look at him from the corner of my eye. I feel a feline smirk growing on my lips and I know then that my boyfriend has already been forgiven.

I shove the candy into the pocket of my black leather jacket (or rather his black leather jacket) and turn around, wrapping two arms around Flor's neck and kissing his cheek, beginning to work my way to his neck. Flor chuckles into my neck and goes up to nibble at my ear. "Not so mad anymore, are you Batty?" He whispers in his deep timbre, sending shivers down my spine.

I send a searing kiss to the nape of his neck and his hands migrate from my waist to squeeze my ass. I moan into his neck and start to bite at it, grinning at the deep groan that crawled out of his mouth at this. Flor starts to grind against me and I (poorly) suppress a moan at the feeling of his hardness grinding against mine.

"So this is what gathering supplies is? My scavenging skills must be way off then." A sultry voice rings out in the area. I lift my face from Flor's neck with a sigh and turn around. I try to suppress the smirk I have when Flor wraps his arm around my waste after pulling away as well.

Helen looks at us with a knowing smirk, revealing her sharp canines. "Did you two have fun?" She draws, the nest of green vipers atop her head hiss in amusement. Flor clears his throat nervously and I already know that he's flushed right now. "We were just about to head in before you left but then-"

"You guys got horny?" Helen cuts him off and I flush at her words. Flor chuckles and brings me closer to him, filling my stomach with butterflies. Flor just chuckles and shakes his head. "Yeah, pretty much." We all share a laugh and Flor starts to walk to the entrance of the station, his arm still firmly grasping my hips.

I hear Helen enter behind us as we head in. The moment we pass the threshold I feel Flor move his hand from my waist to my hand and he drags me away through an isle lined with candies and chips. As we turn the corner to the restroom I giggle at him. "Flor what are you doing?" I laugh. He swings the bathroom door open, grinning and in a flash we're all over eachother. Our tongues clash together as we grind against eachother lustfully.

As usual- he takes the lead, holding me by my waist as his tender lips assault mine furiously. I faintly here Helen curse in annoyance from one of the isle outside but I ignore it, too busy trying to suppress moans as Flor grinds his length against me.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Cinder POV

The ring twirls on the wooden table, creating a silver sphere that glimmered in the artificial light before falling back down. The door to the living room creaks open and I hear a chair being pulled up beside me. I choose not to tear my vision away from the red jewel encrusted onto the ring. "How long has it been anyway?" Zephyr says, morose. The words come out of me automatically.  "Seven years, three months, one week, and a single day."

Zephyr sighs, and I don't have to be looking at her to know that she's fiddling with her scars again. "It still feels like yesterday..." I stay quiet, twirling the ring again.

"Do you think they still think about us?" She utters morosely. "Yes." The researchers are undoubtedly still seething that their favorite experiments had escaped.

"You don't think they'll find us do you?" Her voice hitches in worry. I exhale through my nose. To be frank I have no idea. But I'm not going to tell her that. "No." I say resolutely. I face her now, looking directly into her ice blue eyes. "I won't let them."

Zephyr smiles soberly, the worry seeping from her eyes. She nods to the door. "Come on, Full House is on."