CHAPTER 13- THE SOUL TRAP

Start from the beginning

"Okay, time to use the door!" She said, pointing at the door.

"No, please let me stay" he pleaded, holding her hand.

"Now!" Vesper ordered with a mean look, and Miles reluctantly got up.

As Miles opened the door and stepped outside, he couldn't resist the urge to tease her once more. He peeked his head back in to say something.

"I think you should sign up for an ass contest" he said mischievously.

"Miles..." Vesper screamed and tossed a pillow at him.

Miles chuckled and ran off. Vesper released a long sigh, putting her headphones on. She lay on her bed and let music drown her thoughts.

<FEW DAYS LATER~PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE>

"Hi, mum" Lucinda smiled as she entered her mother's office.

Principal Hazel paused her work to acknowledge her daughter's presence.

"My sweet baby" she smiled back, placing her pen down and giving Lucinda her full attention.

Peeking her cheeks, Lucinda's mother returned the sweet gesture.

"How's my little witch doing?" Principal Hazel asked affectionately.

"I'm not little anymore, Mum" Lucinda rolled her eyes.

"You will always be my little Luci" Principal Hazel replied, playfully pulling her cheeks.

"You're pretty busy" Lucinda remarked as she observed the piled files on the desk.

"Yeah! Evermore won't run itself" she chuckled.

"You seem to be in good spirits with Reva lately" Principal Hazel said, turning her attention back to her work.

"Do you have to spoil this mood with her name?" Lucinda scoffed.

"Sorry about that, buttercup" she apologized.

"You're forgiven" Lucinda responded, settling herself regally in the seat.

Principal Hazel gazed at her daughter for a moment, a silent chuckle escaping her lips as she shook her head lightly.

••••••

"That will be all for the day, everyone" the teacher announced, closing her book, and a collective sigh echoed through the classroom.

"So make sure you all do your assignment, especially you, Reva" she said, giving her a close look.

"Must you mention my name?" Reva scoffed.

"You'll be getting zero score points if I don't see yours" the teacher responded sternly, a hint of warning in her tone.

"Like I fucking care!" Reva retorted and rolled her eyes sarcastically.

"You know you're pretty smart for someone who doesn't study" Alice said to her.

"And you're dumb for someone who does all the studying" she shot back with a glare.

Alice's attention was suddenly drawn to something unusual in the atmosphere. She sensed an unspoken tension lingering among everyone. They looked strangely tired with pale looks.

"Reva, don't you think there is something weird with everyone today?" Alice whispered, her voice filled with curiosity.

Reva glanced around the classroom, her eyes scanning the faces of everyone. Slowly, she began to notice the same unease that Alice had observed, but she couldn't bring herself to care about it's cause.