Love or the Streetz

Onika 'Nicki'July 3, 2022Aria Square Townhomes – Houston, Texas

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Onika 'Nicki'
July 3, 2022
Aria Square Townhomes – Houston, Texas

Grabbing my phone off the nightstand, I check the time seeing that it's exactly 9AM on the dot. Surprisingly, I had no new messages besides the notifications of some likes and comments from my most recent Instagram post.

Taking a glance at the left side of the bed, I notice Giselle's side is still neatly made which lets me know she didn't make it home last night.

Going directly to our text thread, I tap the arrow by her contact picture to check her current location. Of course her ass is still over at her best friend's crib. They were probably still handling business, but the fact that I didn't get a call or text letting me know she was alive and wouldn't make it home is what's pissing me off.

I met Giselle during my junior year in high school. She was one of the most popular ballers on the girls varsity basketball team and I was going through my 'shy and curious' phase when she approached me. I'll admit it, I gave her a hard time at first because I had no interest in getting with her— for one; she was cocky as fuck and— two; she had way too many bitches on her plastic dick. My constant rejection didn't work for too long because her ass was so known that the whole school basically talked me into giving her a chance. After our first date, she had me hooked and we secretly dated through the majority of our junior year before my parents found out about us. Like most Christians, they were against it and gave me an ultimatum that led to me being kicked out of their home. Like any child, I was hurt. I never thought my parents would be the type to disown me over who I chose to love. I haven't spoken to nor heard from them in over 5 years and honestly, I've been doing just fine without them.

Beyoncé went through something similar with her parents early on, but unfortunately things were worse for her. Like mine, her parents are Christians and had very strict rules for their daughter. Giselle was out with her previous girlfriend when she was caught by her father. He dragged her out of the mall and went straight home to 'beat the gay out of her' as he claims. When her grandmother, who she calls 'Big Momma', found out what her son did, she got custody of Bey and had all of her belongings moved into her home immediately. When my parents kicked me out, Big Momma let me stay with them. We graduated high school together before Giselle started hustling to help her grandmother with the bills while I went to community college. I had no real interest in the academic programs they were offering so I only went for a year, before transferring my focus to cosmetology school. I've been doing nails for about 3 years and hair every blue moon for 2 years, which I enjoy and make good money from both. Although everyone had hopes of Giselle going to an Ivy League school and making it to the WNBA, she on the other hand has always been into fashion design and instead skipped college to start her own clothing line business— 'IVY PARK' where she designs activewear, which is doing really good by the way.

However, Giselle couldn't leave the drug business alone and it is always the topic of our arguments. Although the money is good, I hate how she's always in the fucking streets! Too much shit be happening and she swears she's a nigga walking around with that plastic dick of hers and thinks she can handle herself if anyone was to ever try her, which I doubt they would be stupid enough to do so, but niggas in the game can be very grimey and shady. I don't want to lose her over no stupid bullshit, but let her tell you, I'm the one being dramatic.