Ye pyaar nahi toh kya hai?

Start from the beginning

After a long while of sitting there in silence while me and bhaiya in deep thoughts, Hardik bhai spoke up again.
"What about your parents?"
I looked back up to try and find my love, he was in the middle of his pheras now, I hadn't even realized so much time had passed. He was wearing a sehra, so I couldn't see his face, thankfully. I don't know what I would've done if I had seen his face. I couldn't look at the scene for too long, fearing I would break down so I looked back at Hardik bhai and said,
"They already knew I was gay, my parents had always been supportive bhaiya, you know that."
"Yeah I do, but I was asking about their reactions to you being in love with Shubman."
"They always liked him, but they knew it wouldn't be good for me. They had always feared this. Either my career being ruined or me being heartbroken."

There was a sudden commotion, but before I could see what it was or what was happening Hardik bhaiya pulled me away from the bar and started pulling me outside the hall.
"What are you doing bhaiya?"
"Helping you."
"What?"
"Just shut up and follow me."
As he guided us away from the hall and he abruptly stopped outside a room, he looked at the door for a couple seconds before he opened the door and suddenly pushed me inside it, and then closed the door.

I looked up confused only to be met with a teary eyed Shubman. Wait what? "What are you-"
Before I could finish my sentence he had walked towards me and hugged me tight. I was now utterly confused, because I'm certain he was literally in the hall, but nonetheless I hugged him back. It felt so good to hold him so close to me again.
"I am so sorry meri jaan."
"What? Why? How-"
"Hardik bhai."
"What did he do now?"
"When he came to talk to you, he had me on call."

Honestly I wasn't even surprised at that. I pulled away from the hug now looking at him.
"...and?"
"I heard the stuff you said about me and I'm sorry that I thought even for a second that I could live without you. I never meant to put you through any of that, I just genuinely thought that this would be the only option to save your career, but it was my fault I should've asked you what you wanted instead."
"but how are you here?"

Shubman's pov

~flashback~

As I walked into the hall, I made eye contact with my Ish and he just looked away. He couldn't even look at me. I started tearing up looking at him just glancing at the floor. I saw him as he walked to the bar and just downed drinks as he cried. I couldn't see him cry. Hardik bhaiya kept a hand on my shoulder and I wiped my tears, as he followed my line of sight. He sighed disappointedly before saying,
"Pick up the phone and answer when I call."
I was confused but then I saw him sitting next to my Ish as he called me and I instantly understood and went to a corner away from everyone's view and picked up the call.

After hearing the conversation I ran out of the hall and was about to leave the venue when Virat bhai stopped me.
"Where are you going? Wait Why are you crying bachcha?"
"Bh- bhaiya... Ish- Ishan..."
"Calm down Shubman and tell me what happened clearly."
"Bhaiya I love him."
"Wait what? So the kiss it wasn't just in the spur of the moment?"
"No bhaiya."
"Well what do you plan to do? Why were you running away?"
"I- I don't know..."
After a few seconds of silence, I spoke up again.
"Mai usse bhaga le jau?"
"Pagal hogaya hai? Bhaga ke kaha le jayega? Wapas toh aana hi padega naa."

~flashback paused~

"Wait wait wait, Thank God you went to Virat bhaiya and didn't just try to follow your plan of 'running away with me' on your own."
"Yeah but then we still did something stupid."
"Oh God. What did you guys do?"
"Well we needed a distraction to buy enough time, so that we could talk alone in peace and make up."

~flashback continuing~

"So what's the plan then?" said Surya bhai, scaring Virat bhai and I.
We turned around to see Surya bhai, Rohit bhai and Abhishek who had been very openly eavesdropping our conversation.
"Were you guys seriously eavesdropping?" said Virat bhaiya looking done with them.
"It wasn't me I swear, I tried to tell them not to but they didn't listen." said Abhishek receiving a stink eye from the other two.
"Guys can yall focus, I'm about to get married to someone I don't want to."
"And whose fault is that huh?" said Rohit bhai glaring at me.
"I'm sorry bhaiya, I never meant to hurt him, but I want to fix it."

"Just go talk to Sara." said Abhishek trying to not look as heartbroken as he must feel. I always knew Abhishek liked Sara, but he never acted on it.
As I went and talked to Sara, she somehow looked relieved at my revelation.
"I'm sorry I know you're a great guy, but I never loved you."
"Do you like Abhishek?"
"How did you-"
"You know what, I have a plan-"

~flashback ended~

"And that is how Abhishek ended up wearing my sherwani and sitting in the mandap instead of me."
"So the guy I saw taking pheras wasn't you?"
"No."
"Are you sure about this Shub?"
"More than anything else in the world, I can't live without you Ish."
"This won't be easy."
Oonchi oonchi deewaron ko laangh ke aana padega...
"I know it won't be, but I'll have you by my side and that's enough for me."
"Will Abhi and Sara be okay?"

I thought about it and I hoped they would be because I didn't want them to suffer because of my stupid mistakes.
"I hope so..."
"But I heard a commotion before leaving the hall."
I was about to ask about the commotion but before I could do so, there was a knock at the door.
"It's time to come out now guys, the wedding has ended."
As we came out of the room, we saw Virat, Hardik, Rohit and Surya bhaiya standing there smiling at us. They looked at peace, now that Ish and I were no longer separated.

"Ish told me about some commotion in the hall, what was that about bhaiya?"
I asked to no one in particular, they looked at each other before Surya bhai spoke up.
"During the last phera, someone noticed that it wasn't you but Abhishek in your place instead, so thus the commotion."
"What? But you said that the wedding had ended."
Ishan and I looked at each other a little scared by the revelation.

"Because it did. We handled it. We made sure that Abhishek and Sara got married by convincing the Tendulkars' that that's what Sara wanted." said our captain, who indeed played the role of our big brother.
"Thank you bhaiyas, for everything."
"Chal chal ab hame thank you bolega." said Virat bhai as he gave Ish a side hug.
"Guys chalo, hamne woh log ki toh shadi karvadi but abhi baaki sabko face karna baaki hai." reminded Hardik bhai.

At that I turned to look at my Ish, he looked back at me smiling. His smile was worth everything to me. I held out my hand for him to hold. As we walked towards the hall, hand in hand, we knew no matter what happened from that point onwards, we would face it together.

The End.

________________________________________

When I started writing this I was planning on giving it a sad ending but then I couldn't do that to yall.

The story might be a bit sloppy as I hadn't planned to write it like this, I just kept going with the flow and ended up with this.