"No need," I interject, seizing the opportunity to reassure her. "Alex and I have been getting along very well for the past few days before he traveled."

"Really?" Luna Marley's surprise is palpable, and I nod, offering a convincing smile to reinforce my statement.

"Yes, we are getting along quite well," I affirm, extending my hand toward Alex in a silent invitation. For a moment, he hesitates, his gaze fixed on my outstretched hand as if grappling with an internal conflict. Frustration bubbles within me at his apparent indecision—here I am, trying to save his skin, and he freezes up.

Without further hesitation, I reach out and grasp his hand, intertwining our fingers. His hand dwarfs mine, warm and solid against my skin, and I can't help but notice the electricity that seems to crackle as our skin touches.

Luna Marley releases a breath of relief, seemingly satisfied with our display of unity. "Alright, if you say so. Let's head back to my office and pick the pictures for the article," she suggests, leading the way as we fall into step behind her. I release Alex's hand once Luna Marley's back is turned, but to my surprise, he doesn't let go. Instead, his grip tightens, holding onto me.

"Mom, could you give us a second. I want to speak to Hannah about something," Alex says, finally speaking since I arrived.

"Sure, I will be in my office," Luna Marley replies and walks to her office, leaving us alone.

Alex leads us back to the elevator, and we take it to the fourth floor. Stepping out, we walk down the corridor until we reach the last room on the right. As Alex opens the door and we step inside, his scent envelops me, and I realize we are in his room.

Finally letting go of my hand, Alex gestures for me to take a seat on the couch. I do so, feeling a bit confused about why we are here. He walks over to the bar tray by the fireplace, pouring himself a drink, the amber liquid glinting in the soft light of his room. He settles into an armchair opposite me.

"Why did you lie for me?" Alex's question catches me off guard, his eyes probing mine with an intensity that makes me shift uncomfortably in my seat.

"Because I felt it was better that way," I answer truthfully, though I can sense there's more behind his inquiry.

"Just that?" he presses, raising an eyebrow in silent challenge.