"I don't believe Alice. Alex isn't that heartless; he wouldn't cheat on you. Alice must be lying," Poppy insists, her tone laced with conviction.

"Lying? Then why did she pick up? If they aren't together, why is she with his phone?" I say, my voice trembling with hurt and confusion.

"Maybe she lured him to her room, and he left his phone while rushing out of her room in a hurry," Poppy suggests, her faith in Alex's loyalty unwavering.

"Really, Poppy? You sound like you are trying your best to believe he just didn't cheat," I retort bitterly.

"I know I sound that way, but trust me. Alex isn't that heartless. Call him again tomorrow," Poppy urges.

"So he can confirm, too? So I can hear it from his own lips?" I question bitterly, the pain of uncertainty gnawing at me.

"No, to talk to him. Just call him again tomorrow," Poppy insists, her tone firm yet empathetic.

"Alright, I will. I still have to talk to him about getting data from his company," I concede, trying to focus on practical matters amidst the emotional turmoil.

"Good, now pick up your phone," Poppy says, and I notice it's actually ringing.

I pick up the phone and see it's Luna Marley calling, my eyes widen in panic. Why is she calling? With a shaky hand, I swipe to accept the call, trying to compose myself as I quickly wipe away my tears and clear my throat.

"Hello," I manage, hoping my voice doesn't betray any hoarseness from the tears I'd shed earlier.

"Hello, dear. How are you doing?" She asks, her tone gentle and concerned.

"Good," I reply, clearing my throat to sound more composed as we continue our conversation.

"That's lovely to hear. I wanted to ask you and Alex to come over tomorrow so we could pick pictures to use for the article about your engagement," she says, her voice brimming with excitement.

"Oh," I murmur, feeling a knot form in my stomach. She assumes Alex is here, and that's why she's invited us over. I'm torn about what to say. Part of me wants to correct her, to tell her he's not around, but another part of me worries about the consequences. Alex's parents might not be pleased to learn he's with Alice, and if they find out from me, he won't be happy. That's the last thing I need right now.

I take a moment to collect my thoughts, searching for the right words to respond, when Luna Marely's words cause my eyes to widen in a panic.