Chapter 5

Teagan's mom drove us to the school, where the dance would be happening in the gym. The theme of the homecoming dance was "A Night in Paris" so the gym was covered in sparkling lights. There was a photo backdrop that had the Eiffel Tower on it.

"Aaliyah!" Someone yelled my name. Walker and Adam walked over to us, looking very dapper in their crisp suits.

Adam had something in his hand. "Hey Eva, I've got something for you," he said to her. He grabbed her hand tenderly and put a corsage with white roses and purple ribbon on her wrist.

"Thanks, Adam," Eva said happily, examining the corsage. "Teagan, come take a picture of us!" She grabbed Adam's hand and led him over to the backdrop, Teagan, who had been voluntold to be the cameraman, on their heels. Eloise and Charlotte followed them, leaving me and Walker to ourselves.

"No date?" He asked me. His blue eyes shined brightly in the light of the gym.

"Nope," I said. "You?"

"Nah," he replied. "Adam and Eva are adorable."

"Yeah, they are," I agreed. I looked over to where their picture was being taken. Adam's hand was around Eva's waist, and her hand was on his chest.

"Just friends my ass," Walker said. "Oh, sorry, I forgot you don't like it when I swear."

"It's okay," I said, chuckling a bit. "I'm surprised you cared enough to remember."

"I'm pretty sure you yelled at me about it yesterday," he replied. "Not very easy to forget that."

"Oh, well I didn't mean to yell, I'm sorry."

"It's alright. I'm not mad. In fact, I don't think I could ever be mad at you." I was suddenly very grateful for the dim lighting so Walker didn't see how red my face got.

"Get your butts over here, you two!" Yelled Eloise from the photo backdrop. "We're doing a group photo!"

We went over to the backdrop and posed in front of it as one of the chaperones took our picture. Adam's hand was still around Eva's waist, and I felt one slowly inch around mine. Walker's hand was around my waist.

I looked up at him. "Is this okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's okay," I said, but in reality, it was much more than okay.

The rest of the people entered the gym, and that's when the party started. Mosh pits formed, and my feet started hurting from jumping, as I was wearing heels.

My friends and I took a break from dancing to go grab a drink from the mocktail bar. Walker and Adam were screaming the lyrics to Party in the USA over with their friends, and that was an amusing sight.

Everyone was awaiting the first slow dance, and I was wondering if Walker would ask me to dance. I mean, he had put his arm around me earlier, but that could've been because of the picture. I decided not to get my hopes up. I had already, and that hadn't ended the way I wanted.

Party in the USA came to an end, and a slower ballad started to play. It was time for the first slow dance of the night. Adam nervously took Eva's hand, and they went to dance. He put his hands on her waist, and her hands rested on his shoulders.

I looked around at everyone dancing together. Hailey and Ryder were dancing, Lily and Brayden, and others. Some danced as friends, some as couples. I looked for Walker and saw him leaning against the wall with Trevor, mocktail in hand. Both of them didn't look interested in dancing with anyone.

None of the rest of my friends had a dance partner this time around, so we sat and watched Eva and Adam. Teagan and Eloise took a couple pictures, but I didn't really want to watch. They were adorable together, and I wanted a boy to be like that with. A boy like Walker.