03|Hershey's kisses

Author's pov

Author's pov

It was the third day, they had been searching around the lotus field and Sahastra Bahu Temple, hoping to find any clues about the missing fetus. But despite their efforts, they hadn't found any evidence or signs of what happened. Advik even tried talking to some locals, but either they didn't know anything or were too afraid to speak up. The lack of leads was frustrating.

 After enduring 7 hours of the blistering sun, Advik couldn't take it anymore. His skin felt like it was on fire, he desperately needed a break. He decided to wander around the temple. Despite never being a religious person, he found solace in the coolness of the temple floor beneath his bare feet as he removed his shoes. Each step provided relief to his burning and aching feet. 

The Sahastra Bahu Temple, also known as the Saas Bahu Mandir, dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It's located in Nagda, a little town near Udaipur.The temple is filled with detailed sculptures of gods and goddesses, showing different stories from Hindu mythology. It is believed to be built in the 10th century, but for some reason, it was never finished, and no one knows why. 

No wonder Saanjh chose archeology.

"Advik!" Parth called out, joining him and handing him a cup of tea.

"Go home, you have your Paath Baithana tomorrow" he reminded Advik.

"Yeah, I will," Advik replied, taking a sip of the tea.

"What do you make of this case?" Parth inquired.

"Why would someone hide the unborn fetus?" Advik pondered, rubbing his temples.

"They definitely had an issue with Smriti's pregnancy," he concluded, answering his own question.

They exchanged a meaningful glance. "Alright, first thing tomorrow, we're meeting the ex-boyfriend," Parth declared.

"And you, my boy, need some rest," he added, giving Advik's shoulder a pat as they rose from their seats.

"Sir, I checked the cameras at Eklingji Mandir the night before she was brought here," Mayank interjected, breathless from his sprint.

"2 cars and a bike were spotted individually heading this way. Unfortunately, the footage is in night vision, so we can't identify the color, and you know the quality of sarkari cameras. We can't even make out the license plates," he explained with a sigh.

"Talk to the locals again. There's no way nobody saw anything," Advik instructed, a sense of urgency in his tone.

"Your Masi and Mama's family will be here in a while, when can you be home?" A text popped up on his homescreen.

As he received the message about his family arriving, he felt excited to see them after so long. It was already 5 p.m. He quickly left, picking up chocolates for his cousin's kid on the way.