8.

[ Caught Red Handed ]

Kai • 23

9:00 am | Kai's home |

Kai's pov

I searched around my bed for my phone. Once I found it was on 5% because I fell asleep with it off the charger while I was on FaceTime with Micah, I shot a text to her. I always find myself texting her first thing in the morning, like it was part of my routine or something.

As I waited for her to text back, I looked through my messages, I had so many unread ones from Maya. 87 just from her alone... I mean I didn't completely ghost her. I just took my time texting back now.

For someone that is supposedly always cheating and being a hoe? She's pretty clingy.

My phone vibrated, it was Micah telling me good morning and that she was in her first class. I didn't want to distracted her so I said "talk to you later" even though that's not really what I wanted.

Unwrapping the covers from around my body I got out of bed stretching. Today I had work which really wasn't the part I was dreading most. The dreading part was today I had to break up with Maya.

Don't get me wrong, I have no feelings for the girl after hearing her "hoe-ish" ways. It's just breaking it off with people always been hard for me. I wasn't about to let Micah down though.

Since the first day I saw her or should I say the first time we fucked, I felt something with her. Even though it's so wrong being with somebody's sister when you're supposed to be with them. I can't help who I've grown closer to.

Micah is such a kind person hearing the way her ex used to do her I just can't believe it sometimes. It makes me not want to fuck up in any type of way and be 10 times better for her.

That's why I had another little surprise in store for Micah today.

I called my best friend through FaceTime as I made my way to the bathroom.

"Yooo." I hollered into the mic once she answered. She was laid up in bed with her man. "Why you calling me this early?" Danni asked rubbing her eyes. Her man waved at me in the background.

I waved back at him with my toothbrush in my other hand. "I got a job for you." I mumbled with the toothbrush in my mouth. "What?" She responded confused at my inaudible words.

I rolled my eyes spitting out the rest of the toothpaste and rinsing my mouth. "I want to do something nice for Micah, I'm really feeling her." I spoke truthfully. After I break up with Maya, I want Micah to know I wasn't trying to hide her anymore... I wasn't even trying to hide her from the start.