Hibiscus

Bey

"You girls better enjoy this, y'all have three days before school starts" All three of them rolled their eyes at me.

"Keep rolling ya eyes and when they get stuck I don't wanna hear it" We walked along the beach trying to find a nice place to set up.

"I just can't seem to understand why we needed to come here" Halle kicked around the sand and pulled out another piece of gum.

"Well Blue and I usually have a mother-daughter day once a month, now that I have you two I can bring you along with us" I started walking toward an empty spot.

I want the girls to get some fresh air, especially since they've been cooped up indoors for a while.

I'm also taking this time to finally have a heart-to-heart with Chloe.

Halle's been adjusting well even with the minor setbacks but Chloe hasn't been adjusting at all, in fact, she's been distancing herself from everyone including Halle.

"Halle Blue why don't you two build a sandcastle while me and Chloe set up" me and Halle locked eyes before she smiled and grabbed Blue's hand.

"Don't go far, stay where I can see you" Halle literally waved me off.

I turned my attention toward Chloe who was already setting up everything. I started helping her lay out the towels and set up the umbrella before plopping down right next to her.

I just stared at her with her taking sneak glances at me every few seconds before I finally got the courage to speak.

"Bumblebee" she looked at me and I could just sense that she needed to let whatever was bothering her out.

"You know I love you right, I love you so much" She nodded be I could sense the obvious unsureness of it.

"I want you to know that you can talk to me about anything and clearly you need to I won't judge you but I also won't force you to talk if you aren't ready to I just hate seeing you all tense quiet and sad"

I moved the hair out of her face so now I could very clearly see her eyes glistening.

"You promise you won't judge" She moved closer to me.

"I promise"

-

Omniscient

"I miss them" Chloe was struggling to hold herself together, even thinking about them was too much.

"Your parents, right" The blonde was taking in the fourteen-year-old's every action.

"My parents and my brother, Branson" The tears finally fell from Chloe's eyes. Bey scooted closer to Chloe "You have a brother" Bey was really interested in knowing more about the twin's family. Halle would shrug off any questions and tell her that she should ask Chloe but Chloe wasn't all that willing to talk.

"Had, I don't know where he is or if he's even alive, I haven't seen him in four years" Bey's heart ached hearing Chloe's shaky response but she knew she had to keep going to get to know the girls better.

"What happened Chloe" The blonde was eager to know "Hm" "I mean, what happened to your parents and brother"

Chloe thought on whether or not she should tell the blonde but she couldn't find any reason not to.

"My mom was sick ever since she was a child but it was only mild until she had us" Chloe looked at Halle who was busy arguing with Blue about the sand castle.

"After having us her health declined drastically to the point that she pretty much couldn't move without major pain but she made it work and my dad was with her every step of the way" She cleared her throat.