"Forget the things that we've done. Don't think about what becomes."

Day 5

With the sunlight shining bright against the maroon curtains, he blinked twice, removing the covers from his tiny legs, and bouncing out of bed; his footing light as he peaked around the corner to see his parents with both their faces buried into the pillows. Scanning his surroundings around the small hallway, he reached up and slammed his palm against the light switch on the wall by the refrigerator. The bright light causes the two to grunt and wince against their pillows.

"Up!" He piped, sprinting at full speed to his parent's bed, where he took it upon himself to climb atop of his sleeping father, "Mommy, daddy, up!"

Ricky grunted, squeezing his eyes tighter shut to avoid his early morning wake-up call, "go back to bed, John."

John shook his head, grinning, "Birday!" slapping his hands excitedly against Ricky's ribs, "Up, daddy!"

Ricky grunted again, trying to roll John's small frame off of his side to free his pinned arms without disturbing his tired wife beside him.

Rolling over, Amy squinted against the harsh light and brushed his small arm with her fingers, "You wanna get in bed with mommy?" He nodded, sliding off of his father's ribs and crawling to his mother as he slid the covers up to nestle in next to her.

Shifting his weight to situate himself better against the pillow, Ricky closed his eyes, only for them to be opened a second later at the sound of a loud, beckoning cry. "And will I be getting that, or will you?" He asked her, tightly bunching a small portion of the blanket in his fist.

"Would you?"

"Why not," he hissed, roughly ripping the covers away from his legs to swing them over the side of the bed, "I've only gotten her 6 times last night," before standing and stomping over to the infant, bringing her to his chest.

Ignoring him as he and their daughter went into the bedroom, Amy snuggled in closer to John. "Happy birthday, baby." She whispered, lip tipping up into a tired smile as she peppered his temple with soft kisses.

Lying in bed, John toyed with her rings, pushing them up and down her fingers as he rambled in sleepily whispers. "Tan I mommy? Mommy, tan I?" He looked over, seeing that her eyes were closed, and scooted up further against the pillow, poking her nose with his finger, "mommy…"

Eyes opening at the feeling of being poked, "Mommy's tired, I'm sorry" she leaned up further on her elbow, "It took me and daddy a really long time to put Emma back to sleep. You'll have to ask Daddy your question, okay?"

Walking back into the room, Ricky gave her a quizzical look, "Ask me what?"

Leaping away from the covers, he crawled to the end of the mattress, placing his hands on his knees, "Tan you mak fwench to-ost, daddy?"

Scratching the stubble on his face, he jostled the restless baby lying against his left bicep, giving his son a sympathetic look, "Sorry buddy, maybe another day. We have to get up so I can get ready for work, and we can get you to daycare."

John's response was to fold his arms and pout, "Why?"

But instead of answering the boy with an answer, he'd no doubt just fight him over. He sighed and looked over to his wife when Emma started to fuss, "she's probably hungry."