"Here We Are, Spinning In Circles Again"

Previously on You Fill My Heart...

"Welcome home, Emma" Ricky whispered, placing a gentle kiss on his daughter's forehead. Amy smiled at the sight. "Welcome home, Amy" He smiled, leaning in and giving his wife a loving peck"
-

-------------------------------------------------------

Day 1

Chaos. Complete and utter chaos. That's what was happening throughout the apartment since walking through the door, 8 hours ago.

In that time, Ricky and Amy both realized that this time around, it was going to be completely different; what they thought they knew went out the window in dealing with their new, extremely difficult, child.

Emma hated being wrapped in anything except one small pink blanket from the waist down, only - not allowing her small arms to be pinned, or anything to cover her head, or else she would screech and fuss. She didn't like being alone and wanted someone's constant attention. But the oddest, and most challenging, thing to them was that she didn't like bottles and only wanted to be breastfed; refusing the attempts every time, which ultimately led to being with Amy for a large majority.

Emma was about the size of a loaf of bread, with premature lungs that had no trouble letting out cries that shot like cannonballs throughout the small space: going from 0-90 in nothing flat, and very little - if anything - seemed to help in calming the small baby down. She was small, and sweet, and John adored her… for all of 10 minutes.

By the time the first hour had passed, John was over her and her constant crying, and he let everyone know it by acting out and whining himself. He was having a hard time adjusting to the change, desperately wanting to be close to his mother - which in turn made it hard on her because she was constantly holding the baby, since nothing in the apartment was prepared yet. Amy's aggravation only fueled Ricky's as he was left to deal with John's behavior and reactions when Amy would keep him at bay - not wanting him to accidentally hurt the baby by bumping into her. John didn't understand this new situation he was in, and his feelings of frustration only grew with each minute that he wasn't the center of his parents attention and the small being held mainly by his mother screeched from every room of the apartment.
-

-----------------------------------------------------

"Why do these things even come apart?" He asked aloud, shuffling the scattered parts around in a circle before reaching for a white instruction sheet. "They do one job, why can't they be left assembled?"

Flicking the hair back from her eyes with a single shot of her head, "Probably because it would be near impossible to put them places." She switched arms, "Shouldn't you have put these together already?"

"Hey", he half shouted, unintentionally, "They said she wasn't supposed to come home for another month -'' Picking up a silver rod and connecting it to a white peg, "Had I known we were getting her today, I would have had all of this done! I didn't anticipate bringing her home 7 hours ago!"

"Would you keep your voice down?" She hissed, placing a green pacifier inside her daughter's mouth, keeping it there with her index finger, "I'm trying to get her to sleep."

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" John shouted, barreling through the living room at full speed with a Tonka truck in one hand, and a Spiderman action figure in the other, stopping to pounce on the mattress laid out in front of him.