He turned around, giving me a small smile."Morning."

He looked tired. I mean, really tired. Yet he still managed to look good with that layer of stubble across his jaw and wrinkled clothes hanging casually on his body.

Whatever.

"You scared me," I said, dropping my hand from where it was clutching my shirt.

Jake frowned, "How?"

I shook my head, "I didn't know you were here."

"Oh. I thought I'd make breakfast before I leave, to make up for...last night," he said, his cheeks reddening when he said the last part.

For a second I thought he meant the kiss and my heart pounded in my chest.

But that wasn't what he meant, I realized. He was just referring to the fact that he stayed over.

I managed to loosen up a little, and nodded my head. "Thanks, what are you making?"

"Eggs and bacon. Although, I think there's something wrong with your stove," he mumbled, his hands turning the nobs as he tried to light the fire.

I walked over to him, and leaned in to see what he was up to. He instantly jerked back.

I looked up at him with a frown, but he wouldn't meet my eyes.

Brushing it off, I focused my attention on the stove and the pan he was supposed to be heating.

"You didn't turn it on," I said, pointing at a tiny button by the corner.

"Oh," he scratched behind his neck and turned on the button. He then instantly began cooking the eggs.

I watched him closely as he cracked each egg and diced each bacon strip into tiny squares, the apartment silent all the while.

"So...did you sleep okay?" He asked.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that question?"

"Right. I slept well."

"I did, too."

He finished cooking, placing the food on two separate plates and setting them on the kitchen table.

I took a bite and felt the food practically melt in my mouth.

"How is it?" He asked.

"It's great. You're really good at cooking." I said, meaning it.

He shrugged, but I could see a smile tug at his lips.

"I'll go make some tea," I said, getting up from my seat.

"Can I have a cup, too?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Sure."

I made the tea as Jake sat silently behind me.

"Any plans for today?" I asked.

"Not many, w-?"

"Do you want to hang out?" I interrupted.

I couldn't see him because I was facing the kettle, so I could only guess he was surprised by my suggestion.

"Okay. You don't have any work to do?" I heard him ask.

I shook my head, "Nah."

I brought the tea to the table, setting up the cups and pouring the liquid in.

I sat in front of him with my hands wrapped around the hot mug as I took small sips and watched as Jake did the same.

I wanted answers, and I would get them one way or another.