HOGWARTS EXPRESS

from the moment she had set foot in hogwarts, cassiopeia had known that things would never be the same.

she found herself increasingly isolated from everyone. her sister's friends, with their bright smiles and easy laughter, seemed like creatures from another world - a world that cassiopeia no longer belonged to.

she watched as andromeda laughed and chatted with her ravenclaw and gryffindor friends, her easy grace and charm drawing others to her like moths to a flame. cassiopeia felt a pang of jealousy and bitterness stir within her, a reminder that her sister was slipping through her fingers.

but even as she struggled with her emotions, one thing remained constant - her love for her sister. andromeda was the only beacon of light in cassiopeia's dark and twisted world, the one person she could count on, no matter the cost.

for andromeda, cassiopeia was willing to do anything, to bear any burden, to ensure that her sister remained untouched by the shadows that lurked at the edges of their family's legacy. and as the hogwarts express rumbled towards their destination, cassiopeia made a silent vow to herself - that no matter what challenges lay ahead, she would stand by her sister, she would protect her, she would love her, until the end of time.

cassiopeia black's feelings towards her sister's friends simmered beneath the surface, a cauldron of resentment and envy that threatened to boil over at any moment. as she watched harry potter, hermione granger, and ron weasley interact with andromeda, a sense of injustice gnawed at her heart.

she couldn't understand why her father held harry in such high regard, why he seemed to favor him over her. the resentment grew with each passing day, festering like a wound that refused to heal. hermione granger and ron weasley, with their shared history with harry, further fueled cassiopeia's bitterness.

but it was lucas evans potter who stoked the fires of cassiopeia's hatred to their peak. the boy who had been sorted into a house other than gryffindor, who had defied expectations and forged his own path, became a target for her ire. she couldn't comprehend how he could be accepted and loved by his parents, how he could have everything she desired while she languished in the shadows.

what cassiopeia didn't realize, however, was that he had watched her from a distance, longing for a connection that seemed out of reach. in the clash of their emotions, both cassiopeia and lucas were unaware of the tangled web of feelings that bound them together, a bond that transcended their differences and united them in ways they never could have imagined.

as cassiopeia's hatred for lucas evans potter grew, fueled by her envy and resentment, she failed to see the true depths of his internal struggles. lucas had always admired and respected cassiopeia from afar, recognizing her strength and intelligence even as she seemed to overlook his existence.

unbeknownst to cassiopeia, lucas carried a torch for her, a flame of longing and admiration that burned bright in the shadows of his heart. he yearned for her understanding, her recognition of his true self beneath the façade he presented to the world. and as their paths continued to intersect at hogwarts, lucas harbored a silent hope that one day, she would see him not as a rival or a symbol of her frustrations, but as a kindred spirit seeking connection and acceptance.

but for now, as cassiopeia's hatred and envy consumed her heart, the possibility of a deeper understanding between them remained shrouded in the darkness of unspoken truths and unexplored emotions.

‹𝟹

cassie was in a bad mood. her mother was particularly angry that night because andromeda had chosen to spend the night over at sirius' house with his new husband, remus lupin. her mother was seething when she had found out that sirius, her father, his brother regulus, his husband remus, and his two closest friends lily and james had all scored jobs at hogwarts.