009 | Hope

(No time skip)
They walked back to the road, there were cars and Daryl bike was there to.

Lori held Carl close, April stayed near Daryl, "I'm cold" She whispered through her chattering teeth.

Daryl took off his jacket and handed it to A, "Thanks" She spoke again.

The girl wasn't paying attention until she heard "We're all infected" Rick spoke those words. He explained a place they had been before, a guy told him about it, they all had it in them, you just need to die for it to start spreading.

Rick walked away, lori followed him.

When they came back night was starting to fall, everyone worked together to make a fire.

The next morning they found a house, groaning came from inside, Rick walked in first, they took on the walkers like it was nothing.

April clutched to Carl as he walked around a corner in the house, just as they walked through a walker was there, he shot it, no hesitation.

Lori was starting to get bigger, making it harder for her to walk.

The baby was gonna come soon everyone knew it.

Walkers came toward the house, everyone rushed out piling into cars, April opted to ride with Daryl on the bike.

They came to a road again, trying to figure out a plan.

Where to go, everywhere was cut off by the dead.

Daryl and Rick left to go hunting and when they came back, there was no food in their hands but they had big smiles.

"What, what happened?" The young girl asked.

Rick answered her "We found a prison, a big one, its overrun but we could clear it, it could be a real home"

They started walking along train tracks, a big opening overlooked the prison, it was beautiful and big just like how he described it.

Everyone started planning, how they would clear it, who would clear it. Eventually they decided.

"April, Daryl, Carl and Carol you go up on the watchtower, the rest of you lead the walkers towards the fence as best you can, I'll run through and close off the gate up there" Rick stated, there was no negotiation.

Everyone separated, Daryl handed April a gun, just a pistol. Everyone worked together and eventually cleared the field.

April handed her gun back to Daryl but he pushed it towards her, "Keep it kid, you'll need it"
She smiled only a little bit, just the corners of her mouth but he noticed.

Night fell, again they started up a fire.

Hershel smiled and spoke to Beth "Sing a song for us, any song" She cringed and shook her head, "No that's too embarrassing." He looked down and nodded but April spoke up.

"I'll sing Hershel" His head popped up and he smiled widely.

"Thank you dear" She started singing just a calm song, Beth seemed to know it and chimed in.

Carl stared at her as she sang, admiring her.

Rick walked slowly back to the group, he stood in front of everyone with his signature stance, arms crossed legs spaced apart.

"I think we should start taking the prison, there'll be walkers inside, don't know how many but a lot" Everyone groaned and looked away from him.

"Rick, everyone's exhausted, give us a week or something to just settle down" Lori spoke out.