Out for love...

Beginne am Anfang

Surprise flickered in Vaggie's eyes as she assimilated Lute's words, unable to believe what she was hearing. "Adam... and you?" she murmured, her voice full of disbelief. "Since when...?"

Lute nodded sadly, her gaze reflecting the burden of her secrets. "For a long time," she replied sincerely. "But we never had the chance to be completely honest with you, well, we were never honest with anyone.

The revelation left Vaggie stunned, her mind struggling to process the truth she had just discovered. Amidst the chaos and destruction around them, she found herself facing a reality she had never imagined.

"Damn..." Vaggie muttered, her voice full of resignation. "I never... I never realized..." she paused to reflect for a moment and added. "so then, you who understand love, I know you won't hate me for this, I can't help you. I have to go with my girlfriend, we promised to fight together, I'm sorry Lute.

As Lute struggled to free herself, Vaggie, with a look of disdain, turned and walked away, leaving Lute to her fate, desperate and fearing for her beloved's life, she pulled with force to free herself, reaching the point of tearing off an arm. With a determined gesture, she tore off part of her clothes to improvise a tourniquet and stop the bleeding from her wounded arm. The pain was intense, but she knew she couldn't give up.

Limping and with a determined heart, Lute made her way through the rubble, each step increasing the agony in her wounded body. But she was determined to find Adam and help him in the battle raging outside.

When Lute arrived, she found herself in a chaotic scene. Adam had already faced the radio demon and was now engaged in a fierce battle against Lucifer and Charlie. The flames of the conflict illuminated hell, casting dancing shadows that seemed to come to life.

Lute paused for a moment, surprised by the intensity of the fight unfolding before her eyes. Adam fought fiercely, wielding his sword with determination as he faced his formidable opponents. The roar of the battle echoed in the air, mixing with the sound of blows and shouts of fury.

Without hesitation, Lute threw herself into the fray, ready to join the fight alongside her companion. Her eyes gleamed as she prepared to face whatever challenges came her way. She knew the battle would be difficult, but she was determined to fight to the end for what she believed in.

As Lute rose from the ground, she watched in horror as Lucifer struck down Adam with immense force. Her companion lay motionless on the ground, defenseless against the power of the demon. Lute felt a lump in her throat as she saw the desperate situation he was in.

She ran towards where Adam was, but before she could reach him, Lucifer seized him fiercely, lifting him into the air as if he were a mere puppet. Adam struggled to free himself, but Lucifer's grip was relentless, and it seemed that the end was near.

Lute prepared to intervene, but she stopped herself when she realized that any reckless move could endanger Adam's life. With her heart in her throat, she watched helplessly as Lucifer prepared to deliver the final blow.

Tears filled Lute's eyes as she prepared to plead for mercy, knowing there was nothing more she could do. She felt helpless, trapped in a situation from which she could not escape. All she had left was the hope that Lucifer would show some mercy, though she knew it was unlikely.

As the king of hell prepared for the final blow, a voice echoed in the room, stopping him in his tracks. It was Charlie, the princess, whose intervention surprised everyone.

"Father, enough!" Charlie exclaimed, placing herself between Lucifer and Adam. "There's no need to kill him."

Lucifer frowned, visibly annoyed by his daughter's interruption. However, Charlie's gaze was firm, and he knew he couldn't ignore her request.

"Very well, daughter," Lucifer finally murmured, loosening his grip on Adam. "But let this serve as a warning."

Adam fell to the ground, gasping for breath as he watched in disbelief the scene unfolding before his eyes.

Lute sighed with relief when she saw the situation calming down, and hurried to embrace Adam, who mocked the demons with the little strength he had left. His mask had been destroyed in the confrontation, revealing his mocking sparkling eyes.

Lute was just steps away from Adam, ready to embrace him in a gesture of relief and gratitude, when suddenly a dagger pierced Adam's chest. A small demon, named Nifty, had appeared out of nowhere and with unbridled madness stabbed him over and over again.

Adam's cry of surprise and pain echoed in the air as his body staggered from the impact of the attacks. Lute stood petrified for a moment, unable to believe what she was seeing.

"No..." she whispered hoarsely, her heart filled with horror and desperation. She lunged forward, desperately trying to push the demon away from her beloved, but it was too late.

Adam struggled to stay on his feet, his face pale from the loss of blood and the sharp pain coursing through him. Each movement of Nifty was like a stab in Lute's heart, who watched helplessly as the scene unfolded before her.

"Stop!" Lute cried out in desperation, her voice full of anguish and fury. "Stop hurting him!"

But Nifty seemed not to hear, lost in his killing frenzy as he continued his brutal attack on Adam. Blood gushed profusely from the wound, staining the ground around them a bright gold.

With tears in her eyes, Lute knelt beside Adam, feeling her heart breaking into a thousand pieces. She took his hand gently, feeling it tremble beneath hers, and looked at him with a mixture of pain and heartbreaking love.

"Adam..." she whispered hoarsely, struggling to contain the torrent of emotions threatening to overwhelm her. "Please, hold on. I'll get help, I'll save you."

Adam squeezed Lute's hand tenderly, giving her a smile full of gratitude and love. Their eyes met in a silent understanding, sharing a bond that transcended words and time.

"Thank you," Adam murmured softly, his heart filled with gratitude towards the woman who had stayed by his side to the end. "Thank you for being the only one who stayed, for fighting alongside me to the last breath."

"I'm sorry," he added, his voice barely audible, his gaze filled with remorse as he struggled to find the right words. "I'm sorry for not being the best for you, for the things we left unresolved... for everything."

Lute felt a lump in her throat as she listened to Adam's words, her heart full of compassion and forgiveness. She knew it hadn't been easy for him to face his own shortcomings in that critical moment, and she admired his courage for doing so.

"Adam, please, don't leave me," Lute whispered hoarsely, her words echoing in the sepulchral silence that surrounded them. "Please, stay with me."

Adam struggled to speak, each word an agony that cost him a superhuman effort. With a supreme effort, he raised his trembling hand to Lute's face, caressing her cheek tenderly.

"Lute..." Adam murmured barely audible, his breath weak as a fleeting breeze. "Thank you... for everything... for being my light in the darkness... my love..."

With a final sigh, Adam closed his eyes, his body finally succumbing to the inevitability of death. The world seemed to stand still for a moment.

Lute, engulfed in a sea of overwhelming emotions, clung to the memories of the moments shared with Adam, remembering every laugh, every glance, every gesture of love and complicity they had shared together. Her heart felt like a battlefield, devastated by the loss of her beloved.

Adam was dead.