Chapter 43

"Owen," Sean said as he placed his hand on his shoulder and squeezed it to show that he was there with him.

"Sir, I regret to inform you that we haven't seen nor located a Mrs. Blackbourne Raventsahl," a detective informed as the team sat in a meeting room down in the precinct giving their statements while trying to figure out what happened to their wife.

"Her phone location was last pinged there," Victor seethed out with a tinge of pain in his voice.

Nodding his head the detective said, "Yes, we did find a purse that is in evidence that had a phone in it. Once we have confirmed who it is, we can then figure out the motive of this accident."

"Did you just say what motive?" North asked sarcastically. "The fucking motive was someone causing our wife to experience a car wreck and kidnap her! Obviously, it is either someone after our fortune or someone having a grudge. So, I don't give a fuck the motive, I want my wife returned back to us!"

"Sir, we are doing the best we can. The security cameras within a 10-mile radius were cut for a day before the accident. It will take time to locate your wife," the detective said with a bit of irritation.

Narrowing his eyes, Axel said, "With all due respect, we are concerned for our wife's well-being. She is a famous woman, a wonderful wife, and has dealt with some horrible situations we have recently been helping her mend from. We are worried about what state she will be returned to us, what state her mental mind will be in, and what the perpetrator has done to her. You didn't even have a clue about her even though her purse and a few of her purchases were in the car."

Sighing, the detective stood up and looked over the group, he reached toward the middle table and turned off the audio recorder. "David, turn everything off, will you please?" he asked as he looked over to a mirror to the side of the room. Giving David a moment he redirected his look over to the group. "Look, let's not pretend any further on who exactly you are. We know exactly who you are in the Underworld and will not stand in your way to retrieve your wife. We ask that you detain the culprit and return them to us to serve their sentence," the detective said with a keen eye.

Dark chuckles resounded around the room as a sinister smirk settled on most of the men's faces. "Excuse us, Detective, but if you are going to tell us to retrieve the people who did this and hand them over to you like a gift wrapped in a bow without being harmed.....you have an interesting humor. No, if you can't do your fucking jobs that your fucking paid to fucking do, then we shall take matters into our own fucking hands and will deliver punishment ourselves. You just wrap up this case and we will handle the fucking rest," Owen seethed out as a murderous aura covered the room. He stood and fastened his jacket, "Now excuse us, we will be heading to the crime scene. Mr. Henshaw and Mr. Morgan will gather all the information you have for us immediately. Gentlemen, we will see you once you get what you need."

"Yes Sir," Corey and Victor said as the rest of the group stormed out of the room and headed for the door.

The drive to the crash site was filled with silence even though the group call was connected to everyone. Each one was lost in their own thoughts.

They pulled up to the site and hurried out of their cars. "Fucking hell," Gabe gasped as he took in the crushed metal and tiny shards of glass sparkling like diamonds in the asphalt and grass. "They fucking survived that?"

"For now," Brandon growled as he walked toward the bright yellow tape.

"Time to go," An officer called out as he paled at the sight of the furious men walking toward him. The men remained silent as the officers rushed past them to their cars.

"I want this place swept through! Any little fucking particle," Brandon demanded as he took in the scene before him. "Blackbourne."

"What, Mr. Henshaw?" Owen asked as he tried to remain calm.

"This wasn't an accident," Brandon declared. Owen turned to face the identical twin and waited. Brandon pointed at the car, "They were T-boned and we all know that during the time that they left, there was hardly any traffic coming through here. The car is definitely totaled but the point of impact was deliberate to cause harm but not be life-threatening. Whoever did this, knew what they were doing."

Owen narrowed his eyes to where Brandon pointed at. It was the road that led further into the countryside. Anyone could come and disappear down it. Thinking of all the possibilities he watched as Corey and Victor stormed toward him after parking their vehicle, finally arriving on site. "Mr. Morgan, Mr. Henshaw, what have you found out so far?"

"Nothing good, Mr. Blackbourne. Firstly, the cameras in a fifteen-mile radius were wiped out or corrupted within at least a day ago. Secondly, there have been moves done within certain ranks," Victor informed as he handed over a file about an inch thick. "That contains all the homes, farms, businesses, and gas stations within the fifteen-mile radius. Details have been included along with how frequently a person has visited, to who has rented within the last month."

"While this contains a list of those who might have a vendetta with any of us including Jennifer. You aren't going to like who the top three are," Corey said as he held out a thin envelope. Owen handed off the thicker folder to Marc as he was standing closest. Quickly opening the thin folder his glare seemed to have intensified even further. The first one is Marc's father who they still couldn't find after all this time, it being a thorn in their side. The second is Raven's second cousin although from the whispers through the grapevine he shouldn't be a bother anymore. The third name that changes his demeanor to something predatory is Jennifer's father's name, Mr. Albert Watson.